Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 2nd gear tranny problems HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 01:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RapTech,

im not out for a freebee, nor am i bad mouthing Yamaha Motors. all i want is for them to reconize the problem that exists and make good on it. im sure your opion would change in a heartbeat if your tranny busted on your Raptor. one does not shell out $7000 for a top of the line performance ATV to have a bull$hit problem such as this occur with in 3 months of it being new and go out like a chump and just be willing to pick up a bill like that without a fight because Yamaha said it was user error. i don't buy that. im only gathering MY facts to use in my own defence. in a day and age such as this im glad i have the power of the internet to do my research and any problem that mat occur. makes me wonder back in the days before the internet how one would gather there facts via snail mail takings weeks to get any type of feedback, then giving up half ways through it because it was taking so long. im going to take time of my own schedule to sit down and talk with Yamaha in good faith about the problem. if my facts i've gathered for my own tell me im at fault after all is said and done about the problem i'll swallow that pill, but if my wrong and i find Yamaha to be at fault, there going to pay. it's all so easy for a big company to pin this on the user, but the hell if im going to sit back and not do anything about it. if my findings prove Yamaha wrong in court i not only did it for myself but for everyone else that this may happen to. i'll keep everyone updated.

Old 09-24-2001, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

I'll tell you one thing mine is at my dealers now and if they don't stand behind there product then there will be a lot of words said to this dealer who says I'm the first with this problem and yes I bought the first one off the floor.I've herd alot of snowmobilers say the same thing about yamaha warrenty they don't back them up so I will see.This is totally B.S. a one year old machine. I've had a zilla 500 with nothing like this blaster with nothing like this. I wanted a nice machine and I'm paying the price now s.o.l.I don't no what to do if they don't cover it Probly tell my dealer to trade as is

Old 09-24-2001, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

I hope Yamaha takes care of the tranny failure 100% on machines still under warranty. They should give you the benefit of the doubt and I think they will. Even for guys out of warranty, they should give you some kind of good will like paying 80% (anything is better than no).

One thing I found out when you call Yamaha is not to lie about your quad and yourself because they have to work through your dealer and ask dealer if they should help you. If dealers support you and your claim, then Yamaha is more likely to help. If dealer's story and your's don't jive, then they back off like in the courts (one small lie and your creditability is out). I can't blame Yamaha because if your friend lies to you, can you thrust him?

Also, honey is beeter than vinegar, be polite and tell them how loyal you are. They're more likely to take care of potential future customer than someone who says I'm going to fix it so I can sell it and buy a Polaris or Honda etc. Its all common sense. Sell yourself.

Regarding sled heads, I'm one myself when I lived in Northern Wisconsin. The warranty coverage some guys were complaining about have to be with extended warranty because once you're out of factory warranty, the extended warranty does not cover wear items. Some guys wanted Yamaha to pay for skags, hifax, rusty boggie wheel bearings, and cracked torque arm becase they pounded them during previous season. My friends were using the SRX (lake runner)as bump eaters and wonder why suspension components broke. (Like running Corvet in Baja). Still though, Yamaha has the best sled coverage in the industry - ask others.

That's it for today.