Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

TRX 650 FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT INFO FROM DIRT WHEELS ,4 WHEEL ACTION ,ATV SPORT AND ALL THE WISHFUL THINKERS HONDA ONCE AGAIN COMES THRU FOR YOU.LATEST WORD IS THAT ALL THE TOP GNC ,GNCC,AND LOCAL PRO RIDERS WILL BE SWITCHING TO THE SOON TO BE RELEASED TRX 650 RINCON.I JUST HOPE ALL YOU HONDA RIDERS WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT ONCE AGAIN YOU"VE BEEN HAD ,MEANWHILE YAMAHA (RAPTOR ,BANSHEE,WARRIOR,)BOMBARDIER,CANNONDALE ARE PRODUCING TRUE SPORT QUADS.

ATTENTION :ATVA . WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE THE RULES SO THAT A TRUE PRODUCTION ATV RAPTOR BANSHEE OR DS650 CAN RACE IN THE PREMIER PRO CLASS AT A NATIONAL EVENT.WORD IS THAT THEY ARE NOT COMPETITIVE WITH THE FAMED 250R ,BUT WHY ARE WE TRYING TO CHANGE THE RULE TO ALLOW 300 CC 250R" OR 440 4 STROKES.WHY SHOULD A RACER HAVE TO CUSTOM BUILD A RACER WHEN THEY CAN STILL BUY RAPTORS,BANSHEE,DS650,TRX400EX MODIFY AND GO RACING INSTEAD THEY HAVE TO BUY A YZ426 A CUSTOM FRAME AND SPEND $25,000.00 TO BE COMPETITIVE.

Old 09-20-2001, 04:52 PM
Range Rover

I agree 100%. I think that is killing the growth of ATV racing right now. Good shape 250R's are getting harder to find and they need to be eventually retired from racing.(I own a 1988 250R by the way). But in order to let young kids dream of racing, you have to give them something to see that they can get to race NEW. (Like motorcycle racing is) I also think they should ban the YZ426 and Suzuki 400 engine from competition with engines that COME in atv's 400EX,Cannondale,Raptor etc.. That makes it a game for the overly rich, and away from the average dreamer who can ride well. My 2 cents.

-CT250R

Old 09-20-2001, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

I agree also that isn't even really racin when u are like cheatin. I know a guy that beat tim farr with his 250r. I would like to do that also but i don't have the money like them guy's. should go out and race what u bye the bike u should be aloud with a coupl of mod's that is it. that is like cheatin with a 426 motor in a 4-wheeler frame.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2001, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Honda's website was a sham. The future of performance? What a joke. Another 4x4.

Old 09-20-2001, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

i do not feel that the racers using the yzf and drz engines are cheating. Look who is using the DRZ engine? One of the best racers ever. DO YOU THINK DOUG PAID 25K TO BUILD HIS QUAD? Nope// His sponsers proably paid for most of it. So dont tell me people usign the bike engines are making racing aa rich mans sport. If u had pro rider talent, belive me, a shop would have u on a yzf that they built for you.

And you know what? The 250r supply isnt getting smaller. Its actaully getting slightly bigger each year because of the use of aftermarket frames, crate engines, and engines that people remove from the 250r atc. And jerm. jones proved that a 250r can race wwith and beat the yzf and drz motor..

Just my thoughts...

Old 09-20-2001, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Well this is a complicated issue. On one hand I agree with you guys about being able to afford to run with the pros. But, if you are fast you will get a ride. For example there is a young man running in the New England ATV Association events that is crazy fast and he just got a deal to ride for Cannondale for the next 2 years. I hope he does well.

Now for the yzf426 issue, I say run it and convince yamaha to build it for the rest of us. If anyone should be upset it should be die hard kawasaki guys that have to read about william yokley running a kx250 engined quad. This would be awesome for kawi to build but it will never happen.

Anyway, I'm done rambling. The main point is: I think it's great that these new quads are coming to life, it will benefit all of us riders. As far as Honda goes, I wish they would have built a 650 sport quad, because I would have loved throwing sand in it's face with the mighty raptor.

Old 09-21-2001, 09:55 AM
Range Rover

MXer,

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I mean that it needs to be easier to attract a young kid who dreams of being a racer. Many racers never get the chance to get the unlimited funds of a Doug Gust or Tim Farr. In Motorcycle MX, all you need is a new stock bike off the showroom floor and some rider skill to win. In ATV racing you need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if you want a quad good enough to win. Feeling like you now need to buy a bike, junk the entire brand new thing just for the motor, then get a custom frame and parts to be competitive can't be good for our sport at all. It needs to be more like the motorcycles for it to boom. You NEED to be able to go down to a dealer buy an quad and go race right from the showroom floor and be somewhat competitive. Cannondale I hope has done exactly this. I guess we will see soon.

-CT250R