Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help 400ex or Warrior what the diff what are some dis likes and likes about both qauds

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 03:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

help 400ex or Warrior what the diff what are some dis likes and likes about both qauds

Old 09-21-2001, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

I'd have to say Warrior! Partly because I used to own one and I love Yamaha! The Warrior is cheaper but you get a little less performance then the 400ex. The Warrior is deffinatly the best bike around for reliability partly cause it's been on the market for so long and all the little problems and grips about it have been fixed. The 400ex on the other hand is a new bike and they are still finding major problems with it like the most recent one where the brakes were going out and killing and injuring people so they had to recall them, now that sucks!! As for speed the 400ex has the Warrior but with a few little modifacations to the Warrior you can get it up to speed! I had my Warrior built up for race and it beat 400ex's in all around power it deffinatly had way more torque! The Warrior is an exellent trail bike with good handling and suspension but so is the 400ex. The Warrior is a perfact all around bike I didn't find one thing for the 3 1/2 years I owned it that I didn't like about it, Yamaha did a very good job designing this bike! I don't know what Honda is doing about fixing the 400's but it's still a good bike but still needs some work. I'm sure no matter what bike you pick you'll love it! If I were you I'd go Yamaha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good luck,
Darren

Old 09-21-2001, 04:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

so the 400ex suxs bubba? Warriors rule!

Old 09-21-2001, 09:55 AM
Range Rover

I don't think this is a fair comparison. The 400ex is more quad all the way around, better suspension for jumping, more power for fun factor, wider stance for stability, and and oil cooler to ride longer and keep the quad cool. Don't get me wrong I love my warrior but I've put alot of money into it and still have much more to go before I'll be happy. If you are getting the quad new I would have to get the 400ex because its only $800 more than the warrior. I got my Warrior used for $4200 and it was in great shape and only 4 months old and because it was used there was no freight, assembly, or what ever else they want to charge. If you can find a GOOD Warrior or 400ex used you will save some dough. It also depends what kind of riding you do, MX = 400ex, Trail = both (warrior has reverse), hillclimbing = both.

Old 09-21-2001, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

I NEVER said that the 400ex sucks! I think it's a good bike that still needs some little fixes to make it better.

Darren

Old 09-21-2001, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

big bubba your an idiot. you don't know anything abotu 400ex's. there is not one thing about the warrior that is better than a 400ex (except reverse). the 400 is a step above the warrior in every category. the 400ex is just as reliable if not more reliable than a warrior. brake pads have nothing to do with reliablility and i don't think one person died from that incedent...there are no big problems with 400's and there never will be unless maybe honda makes some big changes. you can mod a warrior but even a modded warrior is sloooow. the crappy warrior engine with its 2 valve head just isn't and never will be a performance motor. thats not to say a 400EX engine is an ultra trick peice of race equipment but when you compare the 2 the 400 is twice the engine the warrior is. this might sound biased coming from an EX owners mouth but if you really look at the too you would know what i say is true.

Old 09-21-2001, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

LOL you make my laugh! First of all I owned a built Warrior and I raced many 400ex's and beats them! I think I would know how fast the built Warrior can be don't tell me I'm wrong when I owned one and raced it! It is or can be a high performance engine no matter what you say! You've never owned or raced a built Warrior and thats obvious!

Old 09-21-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

suuuure ya did buddy. sure ya did. if i ever met you i'd blow you away. what kind of race are you talkin about? if it involves turns and jumps i'l destroy you. i've beat banshees and raptors buddy, have u beat any? do u know how much horsepower a 400 big bore warrior makes? not very much compared to what it would make if the engine wasn't so outdated. add in your overweight and worse handling chasis with crappy suspension and you'll see how "awesome" warriors are. i've ridden many warriors and they were boring. hell my 400EX is boring but not as boring as all the warriors i have rode. i will admit tho the most modded one i have ever ridden was just piped and filtered. so don't tell me i don't know what i'm talking about cuz i do. you have never owned or (maybe) never rode a modded 400EX. have u even rode a stock one? don't lie.

Old 09-22-2001, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

I'm talkin bout straight out drags and uphill climbs. I own a Raptor now and I know it will beat your little wussy 400! My "outdated slow boring" as you say Warrior had full race exhaust, top end cam, titanium valves and springs, hi comp. piston, WP suspension, port and polish, bore 20 over, and a 40mm carb trust me it was fast and I could beat 400's I'm not lying! You can say whatever you want I don't care cause you don't know! Nice talkin to ya!

Old 09-22-2001, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

don't get too excited about a drag race...thats not what i'm talkin about here...i'm talkin about mx. i would get beaten in a drag race i'm not gonna say i won't. and if you warrior was so awesome why'd you go and buy a raptor? hmm.. anyways while you out fixing your bent a-arms or messed up tranny or puttin your carbs back on i'll be out ridin.

Quick Reply: help 400ex or Warrior what the diff what are some dis likes and likes about both qauds