Old 09-27-2001, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's better for a 2002 Warrior?
Also, which is LOUDER?

Old 09-28-2001, 09:38 AM
Range Rover

The loudest is the Big Gun, as far as best I don't think there is one. It all depends on what you want. The Big Gun is loud and really comes on at the low to mid and some on the high end. Its polished finish is great and the fit was perfect. It's put together using allen bolts so its easy to service and repack. It has a removeable spark arrestor and the exhaust exits straight out the back and there are no disk to mess with.

The WB E-series is not as loud but still sounds good. It's assembled using rivots so repacking could be a pain. The fit and finish are good but I've seen them turn blue after some use. They are a disk system so it can be tuned for low end, mid, or high end. I've also heard of people that complained that the disk pushed the exaust out on the fender and discolored it and caused a little melting. Don't get me wrong I've rode w/ people running the WB and the two were pretty equal on performance. It's your choice.

Old 09-28-2001, 09:44 AM
Banned

Hi 2001ATV,

Can you tell me what the pro design intake is? I just ordered the Big Gun "Quiet Series" exhaust and I should be receiving it next week sometime. Paul said I should use 150L, 150R main jets and a 25 pilot jet on my machine with this exhaust under 3000ft elevation. I'm kind of hesitant to cut holes in my air filter box. Can you tell me a little more about your setup and also does the exhaust a big improvment over the stock exhaust? Also, How does the machine go with the 14 tooth countershaft sproket?

Thank You,

IronBear

Old 09-28-2001, 10:50 AM
Range Rover

I did the exhaust, prodesign intake and filter as well as rejetting the carb at the same time. With all three it was a big improvement, the sound of the Big Gun was worth it by its self. I don't ride any where that has a sound level restriction so its great for me. The prodesign has a piece of billet aluminum with an o-ring seal that you bolt onto the air box that allows you to install a "clamp type" air filter so you know the thing is on good and tight before you reinstall the airbox lid. I ordered the Uni filter with mine but you can also get them with a K&N filter. I went to a 14 tooth sprocket because after going to the 20" rear tires (had 22&quot the quad would go through the gears real quick and top out to early, it seamed like I was always up shifting or down shifting in the trail and could never hold one gear for any lenght of time. Now the quad is not as quik off the line but when the other guy is shifting I usually pull along side, and by the time we get to third I'm out in front to stay (equally equipped warriors). I don't know how the Raptor will act w/ the 14 tooth sprocket but the prodesign is the same. I would be willing to bet my warrior tops out around the mid 60's (65mph or so) now, at stock it was around 57mph.