Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I need all info on a WOLVERINE

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-1999, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey im thinking about buying a wolverine and i wanna know as much as i can about it before i make a decision. if have any info on its performance or durability please help me out. thanks

Old 11-30-1999, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SCOTTA,The Wolverine is a pretty versatile ATV.It can be used for work or play.It feels sorta quick for just being a 350.I've not heard of any serious problems with this quad.And oh yah,it does have disk brakes instead of drums.[much better]What will you use the 4x4 for? BILL

------------------

Old 11-30-1999, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

The wolverine is a great machine it's the best one i've ever owned. they made some new improvements finaly that were needed like the back-up recoil start and the improved rear diff seal, and think they put a new carbuerator. beside the wolverine weighs around 480 pounds which is light for its class the only one close to it is the 400 scrambler which is an automatic, two-stroke.

Old 12-01-1999, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

Try doing a search in this forum under Wolverine. I think that between all of us Wolverine fans, we pretty much have covered everything you will need to know. I know they put the new recoil starter in, not sure about the new seal. I think it is the same carb they have been using since 96.

------------------
Boomer '99 Wolverine

Old 12-01-1999, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

Ill be using the 4x4 for plowing snow mostly but i think i want it for the hard terrrain too. does anybody know if it is as fast as a Lakota 300?

Old 12-02-1999, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

Im pretty sure its faster mine does probly around 58 or so. stock is probely around 52

------------------
99' Wolverine, FMF MegaMax2 Pipe, K&N jet kit and filter, OxLite brush guards,Skidplate, DuraBlue Elimanator axle and lift kit

Old 12-03-1999, 09:24 AM
Range Rover

In my oppinion, Wolverine is the way to go. I absolutly LOVE mine. It's so light, that it's easy to throw your weight around on the machine to make it do what you want. It's also surprisingly quick for a 4X4. I also love it's simplicity. I'm not a big fan of these quads with all the gadgets like push button shifting, push button 4X4, digital instrument readouts, etc. In my mind, that's just more to break. When I'm out on my bike, I'm roughing it. I'm soaked, I'm muddy from head to toe, I'm cold, I'm hungry, I'm exhausted, and I'm loving every minute of it. So I'm definatly not gonna insist on little gadgets like push button shifting so my poor little ankle doesn't get tired. The wolverine is really low maintenence compared to these other bikes. And when you do have to do maintainence, the bike is simple enough that you can usually do it yourself.
The wolverine is also a great looking bike. When I go out on a run with friends, or at the ATV club, my bike always turns lots of heads. As far as the mud goes, you might want to consider something other than stock tires. I put slightly oversize tires on mine (bearclaws), and nothing can touch it in the mud. All in all, I'd say it's one of the best bikes ever made for sporty, trail, and mud riding.

Old 12-07-1999, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

Lets be honest here... A stock wolverine tops out at around 45-47 mph depending alot on tire pressures. When the motor revs out it revs out. I dont give a hairy rats a$$ if you have nitrous, turbos, or filters, unless you change cams and valve springs, or gears your only going to get there faster, and feel more power screw top end theres no more there
Andrew Humphrey
P.S The wolverines top end is fine it needs more bottom than top

Old 12-08-1999, 01:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It has to be faster than that. My 500 AC has shown 58 at its best, and did 56 on the side of the hiway. The speed limit is 50 and I was slowly gaining on the car up in front of me. Don't think I was just highway joyriding. I was going from one dirt road to another about a mile away. There were only a few cars including the one I was behind. I don't think my AC is faster than a Wolverine. Too many people think that all atvs are slow, just because their's is. If you have a pokey 300 honda 4x4, then of course you are going to think a wolverine is slow. Remember, it has almost the same engine as the warrior, another bike that gets called slow repeatedly.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 12-09-1999, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

once again need i repeat myself, if you dont believe me in 1998 dirtwheels said that it did top out at about 45 slighly slower than the sport 400l. yes the displacement and the top end are extremely similar on the warrior and wolverine, the wolverine has weight of a differiential, bigger gas tank, heavier bumper, bigger heavier steel wheels, plus its turning 2 more wheels, has a heavier duty rear swingarm assembly, tranfer case, centrifugal clutch, oh and one less gear, sorry bud but all of this adds up to a sport/utility not a sport, oh racks if there on it, so if someone says there stock wolverine will eat your ac500, i would challenge them, you may end up with gas money, better yet bet your cycle on it, you may come home with 2

Andrew Humphrey
99 wolverine

Quick Reply: I need all info on a WOLVERINE