Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor K&N Air Filter Information.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001 | 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

O-pps!! your right i did forget to mention that i have 6 uni vents installed , along with the snorkle tabs trimmed..but belive me this filter flows more air....there is a difference

Old 10-03-2001 | 08:27 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

No problem Joey. I believe you. I carefully inspected a Raptor K&N filter today and it seems like a sure bet. I don't think the Pro Flow is necesary unles you absolutely want to run with the lid of or something like that. Then again, you could buy a K&N filter and take most of the top off from the lid and it would be the same. I also read carefully what it said in the box and I don't understand what Airraptor states about dusty conditions. You didn't say what exactly does the box warn about? I also didn't see anything about dusty conditions mentiones. The K&N filter I inspected was called "filtercharger" I believe. It is suposed to be better than a regular K&N filter. They have some sort of explanation why but I didn't really pay to much attention to it.

Old 10-03-2001 | 08:36 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

By the way Sneeves, when you state that you run an Outerwares on your K&N filter. Do you refer to the outerwares airbox cover? Or are you talking about the one you wrap around the cone itself? If it is the one that wraps around the filter cone itself, then I am a little confused. Who exactly do you get it to stay in the cone, because if you have the K&N filter designed for the Raptor there doesen't seem to be a way that you can use an outerware on it. I am not saying you are lying, I am just curious because the filter is a cone than ends up in a black base. It's not like the ones that strap on like the Pro Flow. In this types the base of the filter is thinner than the cone providing a place where the outerwares can be attached and kept in place. How exactly do you do it?

Old 10-04-2001 | 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

LET ME EXPLAIN THE OUTERWEARS FOR THE FILTER, the filter is a cone but were
the clamps are is a smaller diameter it has a edge before it starts with a filter

THE PRO-DESIGN IS BY FAR A MUCH BETTER SET UP THAN JUST THE STOCK STYLE KN
DON'T FOOL YOURSELF INTO SAVING A 100 BUCKS PLAY IT SAFE AND BUY ONE!!!!
AND YES I HAD TO REJET WHEN I INSTALLED MY KN. 150-155 MAIN AND 25 PILOTS

O1 BLU 660R
GYT-R FRONT BUMPER
GYT-R SIDE FRAME COVERS
GYT-R SHOCK COVERS
GYT-R HOUR/TACK
PRM ENGINE SKID
PRM BAJA GRAB BAR
DURA BLUE AXLE
PRO-DESIGN KN
BILLET BAR CLAMP
12 TOOTH
WILDSKINZ HEADLIGHT COVERS

Old 10-04-2001 | 04:12 PM
Range Rover

PJMED,

The raptor k&n outerware fits around the filter. Its dementions are like the cone.There ar 2 velcro tabs on each side of the outerware that hold it in place.You have to put 2 velcro strips on the filter also.Rocky mountain atv
sells them for 10.00 . the filter is 34.99 last time i checked

Old 10-04-2001 | 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

I back up Sneeves 100%. Mine fits exactly as he describes and also came from Rocky Mountain ATV and was priced exactly as he stated.

Old 10-05-2001 | 01:07 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I'd really like to thank everybody for writing in and providing info. It has really been helpfull. By the way Sneeves, I noticed you state that you have a 2002 Raptor. I didn't know those where out yet. I asume it is a 660, right? I hope it is not a joke and the one you have is the 80. Anyway, what can you tell us about it? Did you have a 2001 before? If yes, is the difference noticeable between the 2? Does the new Axel look different? Are the tires the same? you get the idea, tell us what you think.