Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Sand Paddles

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-1999, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard good and bad about doing this to a Wolverine. I have never tried it, but after talking to people that have, I'm considering it. I understand the concern of damaging your differtials, but it would seem to me that as long as the diameters are in check you would be ok. A friend of mine met someone in Florence Oregon that was running a set of four paddles and seemed unstoppable. He dropped the front two and liked it even more because he didn't get the sand in the face and it still scrambled!! He doesn't remenber where the guy got the tires, but thinks they were custom ground and 8 paddled glued back on. Question: Good or Bad? Who's got em'?

------------------
Mud_Runner 98' Wolverine,Warn Winch, Aluminum Skid plate, A-arm guards.

Old 12-10-1999, 01:42 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its likely that he was running skat-trak paddles on his machine. they have the appearance of being ground off and glued. I believe they call this method, vulcanizing. If your gonna run them on your machine, you would probably be good to look at a set of gliders. they arent as aggressive as the haulers are. gliders are better for the four stroke motors. Thats what i have been told anyway.
A good place to look for your size and for some of the best prices around is at www.rockymountainatv.com
I think most people will varify they have great prices on tires and wheels.

[This message has been edited by Dune_Scooter (edited 12-09-1999).]