Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i ride a warrior my dad has been lookin into a bansee because they r so sweet but as soon as he found out it was kick start he said no....does ne body no if u can replace the kick with electric? if so ne one no how much it would cost...also i just bent the swing arm on my warrior any one no a good after market other then lonestar for me to take a look at and other then chain adjusment is there a big differance between the stock and aftermarket? thank

Mike
'88 warrior
fmf pipe
razrs
twin air filter
dg nerfs

Old 10-10-2001, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

I had Banshee guys at the dunes this weekend lined up looking at my Raptor. I even let a couple take it for a spin. If you want an electric start Banshee then get a Raptor. You get more power, better suspension, electric starting, reverse, choke on the handlebar, lightweight aluminum swingarm and easier maintainance. Plus it FLIES. As far as the swingarm for the warrior, check the ATV salvage yards for a decent used one. A lot of times an aftermarket swingarm calls for a new carrier, which will add $200 to the price.

Old 10-10-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

What's the big deal with the kickstart? That wouldn't be enough to make me change my mind about a quad. Not to be harsh, but if he's to lazy to kickstart a quad then he should just stick to sitting on the couch watching TV. However, if a medical problem prevents him from using a kickstart then I take back my last comment.

Old 10-10-2001, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Banshee is not <u>sweet</u>. It is downright nasty. If your dad didn't know it was a kickstart, and that deterred him, he did not have a clue what he wanted. If he has ridden your Warrior, and he likes it, he should probably get a Warrior. Or spend the extra $$$ and get the Raptor. The Raptor is pretty fast and powerful, so if he is inexperienced, the Warrior may be a better choice for him.

The Banshee is the easiest kickstart I have ever owned. If it is jetted right, it starts on the first kick every time.

Old 10-10-2001, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

im trying to convince him into buyin me the bansee and ill gove him the warrior cuz either way we end up with used one...also out of curiosity how much louder is the banshee then a warrior with an fmf powercore on it?

Old 10-10-2001, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I love the banshee, there is nothing even close to it and the kick start is nothing. I owned a 93 and loved that machine and would not hesitate to buy another. I bought a raptor, because I wanted the newest thing and I like the 4 strokes a little better now. But if I had the money, I would buy a banshee also just for the fun of it.

I would say stock the banshee is very quite, but piped it just sounds bad. Now I just piped my raptor and it sounds really bad, kind of like a harley.

I would tell him if he likes the banshee then get that, but if he has to have electric start go with the raptor.

Paul

p.s. has he ridden either machine, if not I would suggest he does and then make a decision.

Old 10-10-2001, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

A stock Banshee is not loud at all. In fact, it sounds pretty nice.
Aftermarket pipes tend to REALLY enhance the Banshee power (except 2into1 systems), unfortunately they are too loud.

Old 10-11-2001, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

i guess a raptor has it's up side. all those nice things he listed that you get he didn't list the bad things you get also. they are continuing to have tranny problems, the lightweight aarms are a joke and can't withstand a minor blow, riding it is fun barring you can keep the dang carbs on it long enough to complete a ride. seen many people sitting on a sand hill trying to figure out how to get it back to camp after they fall off. the raptors have good torque and that's the best thing about it, and you don't have to do anything to get it.