Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Boy...400ex owners are shaking in there boots!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, at the risk of indulging in a flaming session... I wouldn't count on Suzuki's move to produce a better (on papaer for now) quad than the 400ex an incentive for Honda to come out with something better. Face it, Honda has had plenty of time to get with it but they won't because of the die-hard Honda fans that continue to think the 400ex is the best sport machine on the planet. Would you spend the money to build a new machine if your last-in-class machine is still outselling everything else?

Old 10-21-2001, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Last in class.....get him Gabe.

Old 10-21-2001, 06:19 PM
Range Rover

Why would I be shaking? Quads faster than the 400ex have been around since it came out, so why is this quad different?

Old 10-21-2001, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

I want to see Honda put the 450 unicam engine in the 400EX frame, it won't have reverse, but it will be so lightweight who cares? It should weigh in under 350 lbs and fly like an eagle.
......It's the 650 EX that will need reverse. This should be the Baja, desert racer, and it should have Independent rear suspension too. How about fuel injection on both?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2001, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

i agree with fourlix...but i'd like to add they should put reverse on the 400EX and have that be the woods racer.

Old 10-21-2001, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Well lets see the honda 400ex is a good machine. The raptor is the biggest piece of junk i ever seen. I hope that 400 will smoke the raptor. Like the cannondale did.. I been to malvern ohio track, when i watch the quads race the 400ex usally wins.. I am a yamai fan but i have i dis the raptor....... yes i do think that the new 400 will take the 400ex...

Old 10-22-2001, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have one word to say, all my Honda guys will understand.

"HANDLING"

I dont think that ones in yamahas dictionary, well unless $hitty is before it.

Old 10-22-2001, 04:34 PM
Range Rover

I dont know many if any Honda guys shaking. As a matter of fact, we welcome the challange. NOTHING handles as well as a 400EX, NOTHING. Raptors and the Bomb are powerful and the Banshee screams, but none will outperform a 400EX in the trails, woods, jumps and track. Will the Suzuki be a nice quad? Sure, I hope so. Will it beat a Raptor? Nope. Will it beat a Bomb? Nope. Will it beat a Banshee? Hehe, Nope. Will it be a better handling quad than a 400EX? Never. And to the guy who thinks that overall versatility is critical... I would have to say that the Wolverine or the Scrambler 4x4 wins that category.

The rider makes the difference... This weekend a bunch of us went riding. We spent a bunch of time running up and down and in and out of creek beds. My 400EX outperformed all of them, Banshee, Raptor, Mojave, Warrior, 300EX, Grizzly, 350X, Tri-Z, Moto-4, Scrambler 400, 650 Prairie and Sportman... It was the rider, not the quad.

Old 10-27-2001, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

EVERY machine has its UP and DOWNs. Mostly who should be shacking are the people who talk crud and dont know how to ride their big bore quad. I will face the suzuki with my 87 Warrior. Heck i would face it with my neighbors breeze. Who wins is 70% the riders abillity.

I am tired of people compairing their Honda to a Yamaha suzuki or what. I believe Yamaha Has the right idea, Old School......

Like The classic mussle cars, new cars dont even compair to the old classics. And like the Old Rock & Roll will last a lot longer that the new musice.

Old 10-27-2001, 11:47 AM
Range Rover

<< EVERY machine has its UP and DOWNs. Mostly who should be shacking are the people who talk crud and dont know how to ride their big bore quad. I will face the suzuki with my 87 Warrior. Heck i would face it with my neighbors breeze. Who wins is 70% the riders abillity.

I am tired of people compairing their Honda to a Yamaha suzuki or what. I believe Yamaha Has the right idea, Old School......

Like The classic mussle cars, new cars dont even compair to the old classics. And like the Old Rock &amp; Roll will last a lot longer that the new musice.
>>

I hope that no one takes competiton to seriously, because it's all in the name of good old positive feedback. It makes me lol...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]when you can see the tension build on the net. Stay cool &amp; ride safe &amp; remember to attend your anger management classes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Boy...400ex owners are shaking in there boots!!!!!