Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2000, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help with my electric start on my 1987 Yamaha Warrior. For some reason it doesnt work. My battery is fully charged but nothing happens when I push the start button. If anyone knows what could be wrong please leave a message. Is this a problem on all warriors? Has anyone else have this problem? Please help!!!

[This message has been edited by QuadRider (edited 01-01-2000).]

Old 01-02-2000, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

You should check the wiring coming from the battery it could be falty

Old 01-02-2000, 06:18 PM
Range Rover

First of all check all the connections at your battery. Then take a test light(make one if you don't have one)and see if there is power at the starter. If there is no power at the starter you will have start tracing the wiring for the starter. Check the inline fuse at the left hand rear fender first. If it is fine check the wiring connections at the starter solenoid(left hand side rear wheel-it's round looking with three or four wires coming off of it depending on if it is grounded to the chasis i'm not sure how the 87 is. Use a test light and see if there is power coming into the solenoid from the battery. If there is then next check power is coming through the other side of the solenoid when you engage the starter switch, if there is you should have power at the starter. If not then check the ground to the solenoid and the switch. Also check to see if there is power at (on the solenoid)the wire which runs from the starter switch to the solenoid. If all this checks out then you could possibly have a switch problem. Give me a email once you test all this. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. lucey@telusplanet.net