Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha : Help we have beed robbed

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Missing one badly beaten prototype reward if found and returned.

Suziki just about stole the thing out the back room at least they could have put a true big bore motor in it. Don't get me wrong I think its GREAT for the sport but god. Why take most of the features of the raptor and then throw that T shaped seat back into the mix and ruin the look of the front end. This new machine sound like it will most likely be competing with the LT 500 for biggest LEMON. That is why they are yellow no? From what I have read it sounds like a tough motor to gain anything on no sleeve in the cyl.?? some special coating ? What if you want to bore ??? less travel on the suspention than most that are out ?? I don't quite understand the thoughts . Oh well maybe the will keep up in a gravity test

Old 10-20-2001, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

What no one has a opinion everyone justs looks and leaves [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2001, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

I think you bashed it enough for everyone. I won't be buying one.

Old 10-21-2001, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

really...the lt500 is a lemon?? thats funny cuz the only real problem i see for them is it blowing head gaskets...i think the biggest lemon of all time is the raptor. blowin off carbs, bending a-arms, breaking axles, transmissions goin out. hmm and guess what the quadzilla is still FASTER than you so shut your damn mouth cuz u don't know what your talkin about. and if you can't bore the engine then how come doug gust has a quad that has a drz motor and its 439cc?? yeah thats what i thought. u don't know sh|t about the new quad, nobody does.

Old 10-21-2001, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Juggalo, I agree 100%.

Where the hell do you get off calling the Zilla a LEMON???
LOOK AT WHAT YOUR RIDING. No offence, decent, respectable Raptor owners....

Old 10-21-2001, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you talk alot of crap...... apart from the loudmouth I suspect no brains and your a relative newby no-it-all to quads .............

FACTS

Suzuki: built the first quads as we know em, 2 and 4 stroke sport quads were invented by Suzuki period.

other first by Suzuki include the following:

First quads with alloy swingarms

Only quad with a 500cc two stroke in main stream production

Firsts four stroke quads with reverse and electric start (ok possibly a tie with the Warrior if you are talking sport quads)

Suzuki has been the only main stream manufacturer to offer adjustable damping front shocks on a production quad ( LT-R from 87 - 92)

LT-Z, strip of the raptor like plastic, the swingarm looks like an updated LT-R unit to me.

Front end if anything appears similair to the TRX 400ex not the Raptor........

Engine: 100% Suzuki...............

WORST THING IS HAVING TO WAIT UNTIL MID NEXT YEAR TO BUY ONE>..........

Old 10-21-2001, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Ok so you are all allowed your opinions because thats what they are opinions, but im not ? Doug Gust used a motor direct form the bike . Not this new motor learn to read and then give your opinion. "the cylinder in the Z400 is plated with Suzuki's own nickel phosphorus-silicon-carbide coating, known as SCEM (Suzuki Compisite Eletrochemical Material). Suzuki claims this coating reduces weight, improves heat transfer, and allows tighter piston-to-cylinder clearance." ATVSPORT 11-2001 So this means no sleeve you try and bore it out gook luck. Plus the machine has been rushed into production because of there loss in the sport market. Know Your FACTS! As far as Zilla owners I'm not trying to offend but this machine is known as a great machine IF you can keep it running. So as far as to the LT-500 I apologize. But to the Z400 i still say be ready to make lemonaid

Old 10-21-2001, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

it has not been rushed to the sport market!! how can u even think such a dumb thing. we have been waitin for this thing to come out forever. also i'm pretty sure the dirtbike and the quad share the exact same engine with a few minor differences (compression for example) and the dirtbike does have the scem coating too i think.

Old 10-21-2001, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man your a classic case of a techno nerd who like to spout big words without knowing what they mean.............

Your telling us that because the LT derived DR engine uses a plated cylinder liner it is no good,......LOL, YZ400/426 engines are no good????, all the new two stroke MX bike engines are no good................ these all use plated rather than sleeved cylinders....... These engines can be increased in displacement by boring and replating or by running a liner, there are specailist who repair and replate these cylinders. Perhaps you would like to stick to your older technology................

I suggest you release the grip on your appendage, come on back when you have some real facts of benefit to tell us all..............

Old 10-21-2001, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki themself said that it was pushed up by 3 yrs thank u

Quick Reply: Yamaha : Help we have beed robbed