Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee bleeding brakes(front)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2000, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the proper procedures to bleed the front brakes on a banshee?

Old 01-10-2000, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Blue_Banshee,

Are you wanting to know where the bleader valve is for the front breaks or how you actually blead the breaks. The Bleader valve is the Bolt holding the break line on the break Ressy. Just be sure to put a rag over it to keep the fluid off of your plastic.

Old 01-11-2000, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

RE: Bleeding the Banshee Front Brakes.

First: Get your self a clear glass container of some sorts, A piece of fish tank tubing(about 1 foot long) and a wrench for the bolt on the caliper.

Slip a closed end wrench over the bolt on the caliper and then put the hose onto the Zerk-like fitting on the caliper.

Put the other end of the tube into the clear glass container and put some brake fluid in the container also.(this is so you can see the bubbles escaping)

Now your ready to bleed the brakes. Sometimes this can be easier with a buddy to help you.

Loosen the fitting with the wrench...Squeeze the front brake handle....tighten the fitting.....release the handle....(repeat this process until you see no more bubbles in the glass container and remember to keep checking the level of the fluid in the resevoir...try not to run it dry) Then move over to the other front brake.

That is the typical way of bleeding brakes the hard way....Now I know that the container of fluid is not that important...But it helps to see the bubbles escaping and keeps the non-environment-friendly fluid off the floor.
Some companies do sell single person brake bleeders....But for the most part this method should be OK... I have been noticing that alot of people complain about air in the front brake lines and not enough stopping power(Fade) .....But I have used this method since new + I changed to stainless steel lines, and have never had a problem stopping.
Good luck.

~JIM '96 Banshee

Old 01-11-2000, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

swhat is wrong with twin 350? that is just the kinda of answer that costs people money and precious riding time!!!!!
dude, if you don't know the proper way to do something, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!! you could get someone hurt!! that was totally incorrect advice. cudos to sAylt_fmf!!1 nice job!!!1

Old 01-11-2000, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was just assuming that He knew how to bleed the breaks but wasn't sure where the bleeder valve. How do you think some one could get hurt by me telling them where the break bleader valve is? And I do know the proper way to bleed the breaks I Do it before every Race.
Matt Larkn

Old 01-18-2000, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not to makefun ,but I take it that twin 350 didnt reread his first reply.He sounds stupid the first time and his second response makes him sound really dumb.Its almost funny to read.

Old 01-18-2000, 11:41 PM
bob
Trailblazer

...not to make fun of 350 either, but the 'Bolt holding the break line on the break' that twin 350 referd to is not the bleeder, it is the banjo fitting, the bleeder valve resembles a grease zerk.
which im sure fijit and pedro spoted (but failed to mention) in there posts that were of equal help.
my method of bleeding is very close to that of saylt_fmf's aside from using a longer tube, and watching the bubbles as they pass through the tube instead of in the container.