Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee pipes (Toomey)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anybody has used the T5's T4's can you please give me some insite on the banshees performance as apposed to others you have either ridden or raced. There is no doubt in my mind that for top end speed and hp the Toomey set up is the way to go as you see alot of these with higher hp banshees in the dunes and such. What I'm also looking for is information on how much hp gain you get on jetting and pipe combo alone over stock. Everybody always talks about what an enormous difference the Toomeys make, but what are the dyno numbers? How is this paticular pipe set-up for woods. IF I end up adding another quad to my collection I will probably be looking for a used Toomey banshee soon. -Thanks!

Old 10-30-2001, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone?

Old 10-30-2001, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

I would go with dmc pipes they look cool but the low end power is the best just my 2

Old 10-30-2001, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

What about CPI in frames pipes?How do DMC compare to other 2in1 pipes?Iam fixing to get new pipes but don't knnow which ones.

Old 10-31-2001, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

CPI's and Toomeys are primarily top-end pipes. That's not to say that they won't work in the woods, but if you were going to primarily ride in the woods and tighter type of trails you would get aggravated trying to keep in the power band without killing yourself. I have the Toomey's and love them but I only ride the 'shee in the sand and nowhere else it has way too much power and is way too peaky to be fun to ride in the woods.
I hear that for the woods the DMC system or the FMF SST's are the way to go for a nice broad mid-range powerband. If I had to do it again I would go with the CPI pipes, they perform much like the Toomey's but put out a little more peak HP. The CPI's are also pretty much a dune-type pipe.

Old 10-31-2001, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree I do mostly dune riding also, But I still go riding with my son on trails, it takes a bit more effort to keep the shee on the pipe. sst's might be the ticket for the trails,???But if you want all out ye-ha fun Toomeys do work well. Toomey has a graph on thier web site that shows hp gains with thier pipes. http://www.toomey.com
Take a look and make your own educated guess

Old 10-31-2001, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

FMF all the way, my FMF Fatties work real well.

RoostKing...

Old 10-31-2001, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

I just came back from nationals in Crawfordsville last week, and they had a few banshees that actually did pretty well in pro/B class. But there was one vary in paticular that was running a two into one that a vary distinct formula one high pitch sound to it. I couldn't read the pipe as it went by, but is this a ditinct charcteristic of just the 2 into ones or is there a pipe out there that makes a vary distinct and different noise than all the rest?

Old 10-31-2001, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

Are all 2 in 1 pipes for bottom-mid or are they differnt?

Old 10-31-2001, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 97 banshee that i bought the T-5 for from Alba Racing . They came in a kit of pipes , silincers , jets , and a k&n filter . I also installed a boost bottle , spacers , went up 1 tooth in the front and 18'' tires on the rear . My son races MX and i have been ask by other banshee riders what has been done because it jumps strong out of corners and top end blows them away . Oh yea it is 80 over has a hot rod crank and stock heads . I run an 86 250R in the same class and he usually beats me off the line and everywhere else except turning . I think the T-5 are great , they sound good and give plenty of added power . they are a little weak on the bottom but with just a few added parts i have the best of both worlds .

Quick Reply: Banshee pipes (Toomey)?