Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What are banshees good for

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2000, 03:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really enjoying this LT 500 vs. Banshee debate. Both are fast, but neither is as fast or handles as well as the DS 650. Interesting debate for sure.
(Kinda like talking about Muhammed Ali vs. George Foreman. Even though Lennox Lewis would crush them both. Or Magic Johnson vs. Larry Bird, until Michael Jordan came along.)

RoostKing...

In other words, they are BOTH outdated.

Old 01-13-2000, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can any of you read??? The original post was asking what the Banshee could do other than dune stuff. I do not believe the poster was speaking to clodzilla or DS proponents, nor was he asking about them, or for comparisons.

Seems like some of you have nothing better to do other than say "this quad is better than the banshee, that quad is better than the banshee...", "it's outdated", "it sucks" - like a bunch of whiney kids from South Park (you know who you are).

To address the original post (like many of you have not done), the Banshee must be darn good at a whole lot of other things, otherwise everybody and their brother wouldn't feel it necessary to compare their "beloved" quad to it.

Old 01-13-2000, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

all i know is that they still make the banshee and not that piece of shizz that you ride there DOM.... wonder why???
ENOUGH SAID THANK YOU...

Old 01-13-2000, 09:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only replied because 420banshee said the quadzilla was twice as heavy as a banshee, and nothing has a better power to weight ratio than a banshee. Both not true, and I had to reply. They stopped all the hi-perf 4 wheelers, not just mine. Im sure they stopped the LT250 and LT500 because everyone hated it and it was a terrible quad..along with the Honda 250R everyone seems to hate too. Im glad banshee was still there, with there clumsy handling suspension, and there famous engine destroying sand sucking airbox design.(for 10 years with no improvements) Sorry we got off topic, but it is good entertainment.

Old 01-13-2000, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

WELL ALL I KNOW FOR SURE IS THAT MY BANSHEE HAS STOCK SHOCKS AND A FEW MODS ..AND WELL HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY SUCKSUKI..SO WHATEVER.

Old 01-13-2000, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

what are banshees good for ???? that like saying girls are only good for ---------- you take the banshee out and show it off, you buy it things to make it pretty, you feed it as well as you can, you take care of it with regular maintenance (attention), you look forward to spending as much time with it as you can, you talk about it all the time, you dream about it, you tell your friends that you can't go with them because you're going to be with it, you do stupid things with it, you carry pictures of it, what am I forgetting , oh yeah , you ride the hell out of it every chance you get

Old 01-13-2000, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

what are banshees good for ???? that like saying girls are only good for ---------- you take the banshee out and show it off, you buy it things to make it pretty, you feed it as well as you can, you take care of it with regular maintenance (attention), you look forward to spending as much time with it as you can, you talk about it all the time, you dream about it, you tell your friends that you can't go with them because you're going to be with it, you do stupid things with it, you carry pictures of it, what am I forgetting , oh yeah , you ride the hell out of it every chance you get

Old 01-14-2000, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess we (I) did get a bit off topic. Sorry.
The Banshee is really godd for quite a few things. Sand, Oviously. Woods, YES woods. Maybe not tight woods but they are quite capable. Ever hit any long fire roads on a Banshee? Awesome to say the least. Racing non pros? Yes a banshee can tackle the track as well. But one of the most impressive aspects of the BAnshee has got to be its SWEET, SWEET sound! No quad has ever sounded quite so nice.

RoostKIng...