Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just got RZ350 jugs for my Banshee now how do I make 'em work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 07:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably major bucks. Certainly more than it would cost to work you current banshee motor...

RoostKing...

Old 11-02-2001, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

raptoryfm660r... I have a KH250 2 stroke triple that I'm about to part out. Know any one who needs parts?

Old 11-02-2001, 08:13 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Holyman,
Wow, I had forgot about the 250 3 cylinders. My dream bike back in the late 70's was the 750 triple but I just couldn't afford the extra money at that time and could only spring for the 500. I took off the stock chrome pipes and ordered a set of flat black expansion chambers and wow when that bike when hit its power band it was one of the best rushes you could receive. The smoke would just pour out when you really got on it. I loved it leaving those Honda CB750 literally in the smoke.

Sorry I don't know anyone who has or needs any 250 parts.

Chet

Old 11-02-2001, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

bummer. i hate to take stuff apart. it's like breakin' up a family.

Old 11-02-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run into this response so many times I really wonder about you americans......... guys who have probably never even seen an RZ let alone experienced the results in a Banshee yet will come in here and say it's no good..........

based on nothing but hot air...

sure everyone is entitled to an opinion but it ain't worth jack if there is no technical details, no first hand experience.......

geez I give up.......

I only come into this forum when I see something interesting...... but I really start to wonder why I bother.....

To answer the questions raised.

the stock crank will be ok, basically identical to the stock RZ crank......

Don't run the Vito's piston with the stepped exhaust crown. With the powervalve up the port timing is already 3mm raised compared to a stock banshee cylinder........

A non stepped crown Vito's will work very well though as it will increase the intake charge timing nicely.

Kiwi

Old 11-02-2001, 11:24 PM
The Facility

Hot air huh? I just don't see anyone jumping for joy to build a project that at some point will require importing parts from another country. What works for you is what works for you. I base my info. on facts only, AMERICAN facts. You are right ,YOU AREN'T IN AMERICA.

Old 11-02-2001, 11:57 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Kiwi_Craig
I saw plenty of RZ 350's. My fav. color was yellow. They were so slow though. My Kawasaki 500 triple could easily wipe them clean.

Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2001, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

KNOWSALOT,
I don't think you should be so upset just because someone knows a lot more than you about RZ motors and the benifits that you can get by converting a Banshee. For your information the parts are readily available in Canada, easy to import to the states, and with the current state of the Canadian dollar, almost free for Americans.

KiwiCraig,
You don't know how happy it makes me to see that it's not just Canadians who get frustrated with many Americans who can be ignorant of anything going on outside their country, and too stubborn to even want to hear anything that might indicate there is a world outside their borders.

Holyman,
I don't know much about Banchees, but I've ridden RD's, on which the Banchee is based, and I know the RZ's very well, and the difference is astounding. The project you're undertaking has been done lots before, and I think you'll be more than happy with the results.

Old 11-03-2001, 12:27 AM
The Facility

I'm upset? Hardly. The question is neighbor, Why are you filled with so much hate? Talk like that will have the FBI on your doorstep in a second. Canada or where ever. I'm stating facts and stand by them. If that makes me a stubborn American then so be it. By the way if the two of you can't stand Americans, then why are you on here anyway. P.S. Watch what you say!

Old 11-03-2001, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

knowsalot i don't wanna sound like a smart *** cuz i think your awesome and i'm glad your here in these forums but if i remember right kiwi craig lives in new zealand.

Quick Reply: Just got RZ350 jugs for my Banshee now how do I make 'em work?