Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just got RZ350 jugs for my Banshee now how do I make 'em work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I stopped coming here a little too soon. It got kinda slow here so I got a welcome from another site, but I can't give the name here(mods here aren't happy with it).

Yes, I am the almighty dirt with the liquid cooled blaster motor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] and their is alot of info on MY SITE. I can't update it easyily now because the offline version of homestead's sitebuilder is no longer compatible with windows95, which is what i still run.

kiwi has been a huge help in that currently ongoing project. He found a wrecker in canada who got the entire bike in, I emailed the wrecker and worked out a great deal on the parts. After a couple months of waiting, saving up money, and endless hours of work, the motor runs like a beast. I recently got my dyno port exhaust on it too. I was tired of starting it up with the stocker. I will try to get links to those pics of it on my site soon.

Just so everyone here knows...kiwi knows what he is talking about. he may not give all the info at once, but he sure as hell knows what you need. The rz setup looks incredible and if i had a shee, i would deffinatly save up for that conversion.

looks like i'll stay here for a little while longer to see how this thred turns out.

holyman...i wish you the best of luck with your project.

Old 11-17-2001, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Zorro,
What happened to your Banshee?
The last post I saw from you was from last spring I believe, and you were just building your Banshee with RZ cylinders.
I was wondering what ever happened with that.
I wasn't around all summer, so I never did hear how it all turned out.

Old 11-21-2001, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

I'm becoming very interested in the battery eliminator kit. Anyone got any info on how much they are and where to get 'em?
Thanks ALOT!!! This is pretty fun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2001, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

White Bros carry them, check out your look dealers WB catalogue.

kiwi

Old 11-23-2001, 02:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Holyman my rz has a battery eliminator and it works great

Old 11-23-2001, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

slow... where did you get it? how much did it cost? how does it work? can you send me pics? as much info as you can give I'd appreciate it!
Thanks.
runnvs1@peoplepc.com

Old 11-23-2001, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

thenewfiebullet,
Since spring, things have changed from "I love my see" "go away, pos!".
Simply said, I wrenched all summer. I must have been through 3 tanks of gas since may. It worked fine 2-3 times, but never some precise thing going wrong. Some little detail, that makes you not trust your bike, and ruining your whole ride. And when you went friday night to do some testing to make sure it would work properly for the weekend (who want to drive 1 hour to discover his machine runs like crap?), and friday night, it rips, awesome...you go away, all buds are waiting for you...and the shee never worked. It started with some "light tranny" (that what I call everything that has to do with transmission, but still doesn't require case splitting) problems. It took me a month to find on the manual, at the crankshaft page that there was supposed to be a lockwasher (the previous owner must have played with it...and rebuilt i like a sob). I solved that, and was happy to have found my light tranny problem. I thought, finally! let it rip!. Then I crashed because the carb slides had been put in the wrong way (my fault...no one else to blame than myself). And it makes the engine act very weird, like it was cold, and at times, it works fine...anyways, I was heading to this 4th gear jump, and right before taking off, I'd drop 5th in, and blip the throttle...well...5th didn't get in, and I gassed it in the powerband, the nose went straight up, and when falling, I disclocated my shoulder. Off until july (2 month without serious riding). Then I started riding again...and I started having again sticky throttle problems. Each time I'd go through water (even a stream), the throttle, would stick, from "just a little gas" to "wide open". I never found out why. Going back to the stock thumb made things better, as well as new reeds (I just did this), but it still sticks sometimes. Actually, there has been a little part of august where I have ridden a little...then I tried some waterskipping...and messed a little...bent grab bar (big deal!), and bent spindle. I repaired that, but a week or 2 passed. Then I started riding again...and crashed in a not steep rutted downhill at 2 mph. The wheel caught a rut, the handlebars jerked off my hands, I fell downhill in a rut...the shee fell on top of me, and dislocated again my shoulder!!!! I was really pissed. A month later, I started riding again, to deal with the sticky throttle issue. As you know, I didn't find anything that'd solve it. On that weekend, I got to ride a guy's 250KX...and my heart got pumping again. Since that day, I ask myself wtf I'm doing on a 4wheeler. I till had the shee and wanted to have fun...so I repaired the shee (that's when I got a 200$ bill in various parts and gaskets around the intake -new reeds, especially-). Then it worked, almost great, except 2 fouled plugs. i thought it was because of the 2 hour toght wood trail ride. So I didn't think about it anymore. Now I had the engine running well, or so I thought. I decided to make the chassis nice, with new bushings/bearings everywhere. 2 weeks later, I'm heading with buddies to an mx track, thinking it would be the best ride of the season. The track was awesome, and the shee ran like crap. It ran ovverly rich (when it should have been lean after I had removed the lid!). I struggled to move around, and it pissed me like never. I got back home (after another ruined day). This was the day I said "enough! This isn't fun. For sale". Since then (a month ago or less...), I cleaned the shee, put it back as stock as possible, made it look nice, changed plug caps, and it's on sale. Like usual, it works fine (if not great) in the garage and yard.
Next spring, I'm getting a 125 dirtbike (new!). I take it out of the box, and can race without spending 350$ in mandatory parts and grand in parts to make you competitive. I guess I've always been a dirtbiker at heart. The shee was great...but when novelty wore off...um. I guess it's time to sell a machine, when each time you look at it, you think "garbage", rather than wiping dust off and thinking ride.
I won't miss my shee. And can't wait for it to be sold. Need space in the garage, for 2 sleds than run, and are waiting in the shed.

Old 11-23-2001, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Zorro,
That's too bad, though I know what you mean, as I went through a bit of that myself this summer. It seemed that whenever I wasn't working some little thing would go wrong with the quad, and as soon as I got it fixed I was back to work.

I did get a chance to ride a stock Banshee this fall though, and I must say that it was quite the thrill ride. Don't think it's really for me, but it did get me thinking that I would like to have a sport quad, maybe a 400EX. I understand about the two wheelers too, though I would choose a WR250F if I had the money.

Old 11-30-2001, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I've decided to sell the jugs I have. I found a complete motor and I'll get everything that I need at one time. Let me know if any of you guys are interested in it.
runnvs1@peoplepc.com

Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Just got RZ350 jugs for my Banshee now how do I make 'em work?

KiWi_craig my cousin just rebuilt his banshee and used the RZ 350 bottom end and it's faster than ever but, and has the jugs,head,and wiring harness stator how difficult is it to install the jugs,head,wiring harness,on to the banshee sure would appreciate the infy o thanks,and that Knowsalot guy doesn't know much of anything don't knock till you try it it's badass.

Quick Reply: Just got RZ350 jugs for my Banshee now how do I make 'em work?