Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE DOWNSIDES.............

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way the guy that did my motorwork is up in your area. He lives in Summit. Good guy and does great work. Several of my friends from here have sent their motors up there for work.

Old 11-07-2001, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I got a Dyno Port for mine and it didn't "solve" the lowend. I didn't expect it to, anyway, the pipe helps a little. Actually, it does not give you more low end, it just seems to reduce the mid "hit". The tires still light up, just not as much as the stock pipes did.

The down side of the stock Banshee compared to a 400EX:

If you do big jumps, the landings are painfully harsh, even if it does not bottom out.
It seems tippy and "squirrely" in bermed corners. (not as freaky as a DS, but similar)
The air filtration system is rediculous.
If you ride aggressivley in a woods, or "tight" track situation, it starts overheating.

The upside is: You can roost the $#!^ out of the people who are usually behind you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] People may try to blame you or claim you owe them a new headlight! Just don't stop, and use your super powers to escape them! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2001, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I can't believe that someone would call the Banshee ugly.
I guess there is truely no accounting for some people's tastes.

Old 11-09-2001, 08:15 AM
Range Rover

it is funny that someone would say that the banshee is the uglyest quad ever made apperently they havent been looking at thier ds-650 tank long enough

Old 11-10-2001, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

A banshee looks cool. My quadzilla is ugly. Who cares!!! 2 strokes just plain kick ars, and everyone only sees the rear through a lot of dust and a little blue smoke anyways, and if your cranking along, I don't imagine your gonna start staring down at the hood and wonder why they shaped it like that and totally ignore the obstacles that are coming towards you at a high rate of speed!!!!

Old 11-11-2001, 02:53 PM
gps
Trailblazer

IF YOU GET USE TO THE BANSHEE AND RIDE IT LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RIDDEN WHO GIVES A $#*% ABOUT LOW END POWER. ARE YOU ACTUALLY RACING IT OR JUST PLAYING LIKE THE REST OF US. RIDE IT AND HAVE A GOOD TIME MINE HAS PLENTY OF LOWEND POWER IT'S STILL STOCK. NOT IN THE LOWEND MUCH. TOO BUSY SMOKIN' THOSE OTHER BRAND QUADS.

94WARROIR
98BADGER
00WOLVERINE WHITE BROS CAM, CARB KIT, SPRINGS, EXHAUST, EXTRAS
02BANSHEE

Old 11-11-2001, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Not trying to start anything (or keep something going) but I have always thought that the Banshee looked very ugly. The way the lights are set apart it looks like an old man's reading glasses. And the DS looks awesome if you ask me. Kind of like a bull or something. And the 400EX looks like its scared or something. The Raptor looks mean. And the Cannondale looks like a person with horn-rimmed glasses. Again these are just my opinions so I don't want any replies saying I am an idiot or something for thinking those things.

Old 11-11-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Your an idoit!! How could you think those things!?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Truthfully, I think the more you look at and get used to seeing a certain quad around, it doesn't seem so hideous. I mean, when Dodge first introduced the revamped Ram truck, people thought it was ugly and hated it or thought it was awesome and loved it. Now no-one really seems to say much about it, and I dare say the worst looking quads are the Qracers, even though I love my 500. I thought the Raptor and DS were ugly at first, but I think they both look pretty cool now.....just needed an adjustment period. By the way, I may pick up a new shee this week.....I hope..

Old 11-12-2001, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

The Raptor and the DS are the best looking quads. They both have style, form, and function.
.... Other good looking quads include the original all around fav, the trx250r. The Honda 400ex looks good, but not great, there's just something about it that isn't quite right, looks wise...
.....I think that new Suzuki 400 looks great, of course it is a style combination of the DS and the Raptor so of course I like it...
....The Banshee is a great quad, but it's teutonic 80's styling just gags me every time I see one. I hope Yamaha keeps making the Banshee, and hopefully gives it a makeover, but neither is likely.
....I'm sorry,,, but the Banshee is just plain butt ugly.
A quad only a mother could love! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2001, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Text "I'm Yo Mama"

Quick Reply: BANSHEE DOWNSIDES.............