Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE DOWNSIDES.............

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW BANSHEE OVER A 400EX I JUST DONT WANT A 4 SROKE..BUT ANYWAY AM I GUNNA HAVE TO REBUILD THE TOP END SOON....? WELL PRETTY MUCH WHAT ARE ALL DOWN SIDES OF BANSHEES???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2001, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

i don't wanna sound like a jerk or a biased isiot just cuz i own a 400 but first i'd like to say you should try one out sometime. their nice bikes. i coulda got a banshee but i got my ex instead. anyways, some downsides of a banshee are, low end isn't very good, when you buy engine parts or fix somethin engine related almost always your gonna have to buy 2 (more money). otherwise banshees are nice, they just don't fit my type of riding very well (trails and cross country racin and freestyle). once again i don't wanna sound like a jerk but i can tell your very new to the sport because i've read a bunch of your posts and their very basic questions that with a little reasearch could be answered easily. i suggest reading up a little. don't take that the wrong way please i meant no harm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. anyways have fun and be careful.

Old 11-05-2001, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Juggalo is right. However, with a set of DMC, DynoPort, or MotoFast 2-into-1, and a 13tooth sprocket, the low end problem can be solved. If you are going to race MX, get a set of 18" tamers, and keep stock gearing. It will have plenty of low to pull Holeshots and corners on 250R's.

You can get over 150 hours out of your bores. I have had mine since 1997, and it's .20 over, and been racing for 2 years.

Old 11-06-2001, 12:40 AM
edy
Weekend Warrior

there are none!

Old 11-06-2001, 10:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Downsides....air filter set-up, chain adjustment procedure, hard to get "hooked-up", stiff thumb throttle, kick starter needs constant maintenance to keep it from rattling, and the shocks bottom a little too easily. Thats all I can think of now....hope it helps.

Old 11-06-2001, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

IT.. is.....the....ugliest....quad....made.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2001, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Fourlix, The only part of the Banshee you would be seeing(the rear) looks pretty good.. Especailly with that magic blue potion flowing out the duals[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2001, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

i used to think they were really ugly too but after a while i got used to the looks and now i think it looks sweet.

Old 11-06-2001, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

ugly? UGLY?! no, no, no.. the correct word would be MEAN. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, keep it clean and maintained, and let that sucker warm up good before you go screaming off on it, if its not running right dont run it. Hold the f##* on!

Old 11-07-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Well most of the folks are right the downfalls of the banshee can easily be overcome. And when they are hold on! The air filter setup sucks, so what most people replace the stock filter setup on most bikes anyway. The chain adjustment is tedious, but if you make sure it's tight you won't be adjusting much. Most chains are prestretched. Also it does cost more when buying certain things for the banshee since you have to buy two. But pipes you only buy once, so no big deal. There's nothing like the rush of hitting the throttle and feeling your arms stretch out, and there are only a few quads that can leave butterflies in your stomach like the banshee can. It was made for speed and that's what most people forget. It's not a MX bike but can be, and it's not the easiest to ride in the trails without a few modifications. They can both be done on this bike though. It really depends on what you want. The way mine is setup, I can fly through the woods without any problem and grunt the bike up a hill with ease. The bike hauls at the dunes too. The non existent low end was a problem at first, but you adapt and you learn how to ride it. And if this little girlie can then anyone can. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them, if I can. Don't let people snowball you into believing the banshee is too much trouble or too hard ride. I didn't want a four stroke either, so I bought the banshee. I do just about any kind of riding you can imagine on this bike with ease now. Good luck in your decision.

Quick Reply: BANSHEE DOWNSIDES.............