Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE DOWNSIDES.............

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Banshee is LOADED with problems...
1- It makes my neck sore from constantly looking back to see if the other guys have caught up yet.
2- My cheeks keep getting chapped from the drool that drips down both sides of my face from going so fast. Like the dog on Tommy Boy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
3- Had to start wearing Depends every time I ride now 'cause the pee stains wouldn't come out of my riding pants.
4- Had to buy a Toomey 2:1 filter kit 'cause the factory air cleaner is garbage. {darn another accessory to match the T5 pipes}
5- Chain tightener needs 6 wrenches and a guy with 3 arms. I live near a nuclear plant so the 3 armed guy is easy enough to find.
6- Too many aftermarket parts. I hate having to choose what I'll buy next.
7- You can never have just one. Sooner or later you'll wind up with 2 or 3.
8- You can modify them to do whatever riding you plan on doing. This sucks because you spend time online looking at how other guys are modifying theirs.
9- TORS. Enough said on that.
10- The goofyest color schemes in all atv history. It's a shame it only took a decade for Yamaha to think of using classic colors like royal blue and black/white. Next thing they'll think of is purple and yellow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
oh yeah they did that one already.

Old 11-12-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Actually one of the quads on my screen saver is a purple and yellow Banshee, belonged to, I think, Zorro, who I haven't seen here in a long time.
I still think the Banshee is a classic, and looks it. I love everything about it, almost.

The biggest drawback I can think of is the lack of oil injection. Not that I'm afraid to mix my own gas. I can say that apart from my chain saw and brush saw I haven't had to mix gas for anything since my 1977 Arctic Cat Panther. The reason it's a pain in the *** is that you can't go for a decent trail ride and gas up at a gas station. That ruins alot of the fun.
It also doesn't hold enough gas to be able to go for a ride, unless you have a buddy with a rack on his quad who can carry gas for you.

Old 11-13-2001, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Holyman your funny as all he!!. Geez I have to go to the chiropractor after I ride. I hate having so many accessories to choose from also. Bye bye paycheck.

Old 11-13-2001, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know if its just me or what.... but when I here of a young lady (espially good looking) legitimately into xtreme sports such as superbike/sport bike riding, ATV's, sky diving, ect; my jaw tends to drop, my knees get weak and I start slurring and speaking like a little child. And I don't mean posers either... Who is this Jennifer girl anyways? HeHe

Old 11-13-2001, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Well i'm just a chick that came to realize that guys have all the fun things to do? Now I can shop with the best of them, but it's usually for banshee parts and riding gear! We have a couple of friends that ride from Indiana also. Not sure what town they are from though. They come down and go to the sand dunes with us, and hit some of the trailspots in our area. No posers here anyway, I'm a little slower than I used to be. Getting hurt a few times does that to ya I think. I thought it would be a cool way to meet guys too, but no such luck. A little intimidated I think. Hehe...

Old 11-13-2001, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Jennifer... What color is/was your 93 Banshee? I just got a 93/94 and it has lavender tank/ radiator plastic and white fenders. I've been discussing this extensively on BansheeHQ.com and no-one really believes that my color scheme was factory.

Old 11-13-2001, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

My 93 had gray tank plastic and a purple seat on it. The 94 was all purple I believe. Then the 95 was purple and yellow. I read your list to a friend and he was laughing his butt off. So which year do you have?

Old 11-13-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

I've got a 99 a 93/94 {VIN says 94 prev owner says 93} and an 88. I parted out most of the 93 since the engine was a gonner. I'm re-doing the engine on the 88 with RZ powervalves and what ever else comes up for sale on eBay and then I'm gonna put it all in the 93 frame. May hang on to the 88 frame and modify it to use A arms since I've got it already and would make a decent spare.
Funny thing is 3 years ago I didn't have any quads of any kind. The last atv I had was an 84 ATC250R that I got rid of about 87. Now I have the banshees, an 01 blaster, an ATC90, an ATC110, and an 00 Trailblazer. I also store my friends 2 quads. I guess I just like 'em.