Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Bent Axel. Who do I call?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2000, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have talked to a couple people about my problem and I was wondering if anyone else could help and give me some more info of who to contact. I have a 1999 Yamaha Wolverine. I have taken my 4-wheel to 2 different dealers and they said that the rear axle is not under warranty. I have talked to several of you guys and said that you have had your axle replaced under warranty. The machine was bought in March of 1999. The last dealer I talked to on January 15, 1999 said that if the machine was only 2 or 3 months Yamaha said they could fix it. I bought the extended warranty when I purchased the machine. Also does anyone really know what Yamaha considers to be under warranty? I was going through the woods my family owns in 1st gear and stick got caught under the right foot peg and it got bent. I straighten up and it is O.K. but will warranty cover a bent foot peg. I am afraid to ask them about it because they will thank that I am abusing my 4-wheeler. I understand people can abuse their machines and they don’t cover abuse. But I don’t believe that I have abused my machine and I feel that I am getting punished for problems they have had in the past. Now I could understand if the axle was in the shape of a “U”, but it is just barley bent. You can’t even feel it is bent when you ride it but you can see it wobble just a little when you are ridding behind the machine. I just want it to be fixed! I believe Yamaha has built a great machine with one minor flaw and they won’t do anything about it. Don’t get me wrong I love my Wolv and would not trade it for anything else but I want it to be right.

Thanks for all your help
Justin

Old 01-17-2000, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

a couple of people that I ride with have had the same problem.(one wolv. and one warrior, bith 99) There dealer would not warranty theres either. i think the ones who have got theres warrantied have really cool dealers! and are lucky!
Good luck

------------------
Brad

99'FOREMANes, 26" BUGS, Maier full chasis skid plate, A.P. bash plate and stick guards, winch, and soon to have a high performance kit! ohhYA...

Old 01-17-2000, 05:33 PM
Range Rover

I, bent mine about 4 time before they stopped covering it. If they all ready said they would replace it, Just say what happened and they will replace it, hopefully. some dealers are sobs about it some arent. a alternitive is to buy a after marker axle. Dura blue makes one and it really nice.its stronger and has a nice crome finish.

------------------
99' Wolverine, FMF MegaMax2 Pipe, K&N jet kit and filter, OxLite brush guards,Skidplate, DuraBlue Elimanator axle and lift kit and 25" Kenda BearClaws

Old 01-18-2000, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

Goto the top of this forum and click on "Search".

Do a search for "Wolverine axle" and you will find countless posts on the axle problem. Many said they have had theirs warrantied. I went to 2 different dealers and they both said "Sorry". It basically boils down to how many machines you buy from a dealer and how well you know them, the best I can tell.

Don't waste your time straightening it, buy a Durablue Eliminator. Any mail order house will sell them and if you can't get a price better than $290.00, I'll sell ya a brand spanking new one.

Anyone that can change oil can install the axle themselves. Don't pay a dealer, it can be done in less than 15 minutes. It takes longer to raise the bike and remove the wheels than it does to slide the axle out / in.

Good Luck,

------------------
99" Wolverine, Dynojet, K&N, Durablue Eliminator and Cycle Country 48" Plow