Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YAMAHA CREDIT CARD......BUNCH OF LIARS

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 03:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased an atv in 2000. Put my purchase on a Yamaha credit card.
24 months same as cash. All of my statements state that 24 mos promo ends APR 2002. I call to get my pay-off and now they say that the promo was for a reduced interest rate, and the statement on the bill was not for a yamaha credit card. Well this is a load of ****!. Has anybody else had these problems with them. Does anybody have any ideas of how to make this credit card company stand by there promise. Any suggestions would be appreciated. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2001, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

What does your contract state...might help to read the fine print...I'm not in know with the exact terms of the agreement, but typically its all in writing somewhere. Whats in writing is/will be your only basis to work from, even if there was a fradulent/shady saleperson whom may have said otherwise..."sure buddy, 24 months s.a.c. sign right here buddy..." Good luck.

Old 11-12-2001, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I dont recall Yamaha ever promating a same as cash it has always been a low % for a certain number of months 24 or 36. I am willing to bet you sales person didn't have a clue what he was telling you about the credit card.

Old 11-12-2001, 07:35 PM
EDD
Trailblazer

my second raptor i bought from a guy who had basically the same situation as youres.he sold it and payed the atv off.they say and do what ever it takes to sell you the most expensive most accesories as they can,,its the salesmans job, but always read the fine print.

Old 11-12-2001, 10:27 PM
The Facility

As I stated on here a few days ago, the Yamaha card is a last resort in financing an ATV. What they have done in your case is not unheard of and it is legal. Your contract explains all the details but is written in a way to confuse the customer. If you can pay the machine off in full before the alotted time in your contract, it is the best deal you can get. But if you can't pay it off in that time, you get screwed big time.

We don't recommend anyone using the card unless neccessary. We also actually take the time to let the customer know what he is getting into. Your dealer should have done the same for you, but it sounds like he was more interested in making the sale rather than worry about how you would pay for it.

The Honda card works the same way, but with better plans and are much easier to understand. Honda uses Trans America Banking for financing.

Keep in mind that it isn't YAMAHA who does this. Yamaha doesn't finance the ATV. The financing is ran by Household Retail Service FOR Yamaha. HRSI then pays Yamaha for the sale.