Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

everybody help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2000, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every body that has a mod that applies to the blaster please write it down becouse. It is getting closer to the racing season and my blaster is still stock. I need to know the parts that add the most power and the parts that just add a little power to please help!!

Ryan Harris yz490 blaster ke100 v65 1100

Old 02-01-2000, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put an aftermerket pipe and take the air box lid off and snorkel off and re jet your carb and maybe look into sprocket ratios. Also if you are keeping your stock tires flip they around and gain 1-2 inchs on the a arms but remember doing this will cause stress on the spindles If not get a set of tires that will fit your racing also go with a flater type tire turf tammers holeshots for the rear they will give you better handling
LEX

Old 02-01-2000, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

www.blastercentral.com tells u everything u need

Old 02-01-2000, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you seriuosly plan on racing, I would suggest a set of quality reeds. You will appreciate the gained throttle response much more than some hp gains on the track. Also a good K&N or Uni-filter is a must, both for engine preservance and the added hp, whether you install it in the airbox or straight off the back of the carb. A pipe of course, but resaerch it's hp gains, rpm spread and curve, as these are of great importance. Maybe shave your head for some added compression and to help improve the squish ratio of the engine. Re-sprocket if u need. A good port job will cost alot, so do it right or don't waste your money. Yes, reversing the front rims adds needed stabilty to the Blaster, and doing a bit of toe in on the front tires can make for some reallllll quick steering reflexes if the track necesitates it, with only slight hp losses due to added rolling resistance. Lots of other money can be spent on handling aspects. shocks, disc rear brake, extended swing arms etc... I wrote this all in the order I'd do it in. Some items I wouldn't waste money on are the RoostBoost,a larger carb(why, cause you only got a 200cc engine),a liquid cooled head,anlmost any DG product,anything that just looks fancy, (unless u port it a) RAD/RAM valve won't add the hp u pay for it,new front tires(stock ones serve the purpose very well with proper air pressure, u won't get fast enough to need better ones till stock ones are pretty well worn). and on and on and on , why don't you learn it yourself, I'm tired of passing on knowledge, you'll either take my advice and compete with me or get beat by me and learn from mine and your mistakes and beat me eventually.

Good luck, Fastblast.

P.S. I'm never here anymore, college has taken all time, so don't expect to hear from me again for some time. The old forums held alot of my knowledge, but they were deleted for the new, ohwell.

Old 02-03-2000, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

I plane on getting new tires becouse there in bad need of replacing I just need a little help on deciding. I want to get turf tamers 18x9.5x8 but i didnt know how they would perform on trails with some logs or a little mud i know i would have to change the gearing and stuff but i would like to know other peoples oppinions on tires,size,and brand?

Ryan Harris yz490 blaster ke100 v65 sabre 1100

Old 02-03-2000, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

I'd would go w/ 27x12-12 vampires on the rear if I were u they give real good traction. J/K the turf tamers are the best on track. Holeshots are the best trail + track tire.

Old 02-06-2000, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

I am wanting to put a piston in my blaster but I dont know what to go with on compression. Im thinking about 11 to 1 and maybe 12 to 1 what should i go with how much power will it add what octain gas and is it worth the money? thanks

Ryan Harris blaster yz490 ke100 vr5 sabre1100