Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

You know the Raptor rules when the mailman brings...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raptor720,

What makes you think I'll go Knutz? I wasn't going to answer that thread, but your comment was too funny.

Bombardier doesn't think the Raptor is better, but Yamaha does sell more of them than Bombardier sells DS's. Bombardier is just trying to get you poor soles to open your eyes and stop riding your cookie cutter quads.

Old 11-29-2001, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

well I'd add that the ds 650's are tanks and no match for my tecate, but that name is for the polaris's, bombardier better be glad they werent the first ones making tanks as quads, or they'd be ruint. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2001, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

haha funny stuff Hurycne~~~~!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2001, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer

I am one example of where bombardiers add backfired. I was a owner of a ds and when I had the chance to ride with a buddy of mine who had a raptor my ds was up for sale. The ds had good power weird handeling and was big, fat , and had no reverse. It became really aparent how wide it was when I tried to go trail riding. By the way I said trail, not a desert road built for a truck. Places he could easily fit I had to ask for his assistance to help me twist and tweek my ds between rocks and trees. then we started up a steep trail that came to a narrow dead end. No reverse not a problem? HAAAAAAA!!! He put it in reverse and simply turned around. Not me , I had to manhandle a 450+ pound machine. By the way, did I say it was heavy? I did enjoy it at the dunes, but not much more then my raptor. I guess you guys in Texas and in New Hampshire must have special ds because the thing that really turned me to the raptor besides the above mentioned is his raptor was simply faster. Even when we would switch riders, the rider on the raptor would always win by a bike length or two.

Old 11-29-2001, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

Hurycne, RoostinOnYou, where do you guys ride? I ride Jill's track in Denison, Trappers place on dripping springs road, tqra and badlands and dont remember seeing two DS's. We need to hook up and ride some time. I saw a truck on 82 heading west last sunday was that you two?

Old 11-29-2001, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

RoostinOnYou, Hurycne, dalegoldston,

You guys are not that far away from us and all the riding you would want with a group of Raptors. You should take 14mins up on his invitation and come on out and show us what you DS does different than others that have come by and could not resist stopping to show us how to race. There are trails more than wide enough for the DS and also a track than will test a few skills, on top of that there is open space for short or long drags. Take your pick or do it all but do something and have fun doing it. We are always looking to get a group together and ride at Aledo or the Dunes. We do have one guy with a Banshee that we have a lot of fun with too and he can really kick up the dirt on the track. If you want directions and more information let 14mins or me know and we can set up a day. All it will cost you is the ride here.

Old 11-29-2001, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yes that was us. We were going to Muester to ride. The Track at Jacks had toooooooo many dirtbikes and small children to ride flat out. Were should get together with the others guys from the Colony, Plano, Aledo(Ft.Worth right?). We could have a AtvConnection meeting.

Old 11-29-2001, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I wish I had a Raptor so I could become one of Yamaha's b*tches...

Old 11-29-2001, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

There are two types of atv riders. Those who have a Raptor and those who want a Raptor.

Yamaha B*tches?? Perhaps. But faster than U B*tches at that.

Old 11-29-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have to call BALL SHET on that one. I niether have, nor want a Raptor. As close as I have to it is a built[slightly] Banshee, and I only got that to show how slow it is compaired to my DS motors. I am looking to trade the Banshee for another DS though, anyone intrested?

By the way, the Banshee has never been beat by a Raptor either. [despite the fact that it's regularly, severly whipped by the DS]

Quick Reply: You know the Raptor rules when the mailman brings...