Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

big bear rules the day on 12-1-01

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey fellow big bear riders, I just had to tell everyone about the ride i went on today. We were basically riding through power line routes that had been cut out of the mountains where we live. We came to this hill that I had no idea of how steep it was until I was right in the middle of it and had no choice but to keep going. With the big bear wide open in 2nd gear I conquered the mountain and everyone thought I was crazy. The only other riders that made it up the hill were riding a yamaha banshee, and three more on dirt bikes. My best buddies riding there ranchers came kind of close but one had to pull up and back his off the hill, while the other flipped his rancher and it rolled to the bottom of the hill. Even the guy on the honda 400 EX couldn't make it up and he tried at least 5 times. It was a day to brag. The big bear is mostly known for a lot of torque and not a lot of speed, but now it is known for one heck of a mountain conquerer. Ride'em hard, but within your limits and always wear your protective equipment.
BigBearRider

Old 12-02-2001, 03:29 AM
wyd
Range Rover

Gotta like that.

Old 12-02-2001, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I say it again

Can't stop the Bear

Old 12-02-2001, 05:38 PM
wyd
Range Rover

My brother is getting one anytime now from now til Xmas and I think he is spending his money wisely and since he can't afford to get one and then find out he don't like it he went and tried one at the dealer. He is not going to be a speed demon or rippin trail rides either. He is getting it to get out in the woods and some trails and light hill climbing. Might even do some work at my parents house as well with it.

If he wants to rip some I will let him use my Wolverine and I will ride the Bear. It is a nice change for me and I rode my freinds 02 and really liked it. If I didn't buy my Wolverine I would have bought a Bear for sure. If it came in Yamaha blue I might have bought it instead of my Wolverine but the Yamaha Blue and the little higher speed for faster trail rides was for me. I ride with slow riders just out for a nice ride, to a medium paced riders, to hill climbing.

The Bear is a bad machine and is great if you get it for its intended purpose. Work, trails, some mud and rock climbing. If you want fast then buy the Banshee or Raptor!!!