Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1995 Wolverine hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds about right to me because it would increase the pilot size and give it more gas. Either that or they will give it a bigger jet altogether. Mine is cold blooded too I have to use the choke almost all the time to get it started. The only time I dont is in the summer.

Old 12-15-2001, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

I had the hesitation when I took my wolve out the first two times. I havent noticed it since. Maybe it just needed time to broke in or something. What ever it was its gone know,thank God.

Old 12-15-2001, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Rubican4x4,what kind of boost did the White bros. E Series pipe give you, I havent got mine on yet?

Old 12-16-2001, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

Still waiting for ChaparralMotorsports to deliver it. Its been over two weeks since I ordered the exhaust & to my suprise I just got an email yesterday from them saying they just shipped it. So, when it comes time once again for more mods I'm just sticking with RockyMountainAtv, they dont dig around like the others. I have installed the intake & I have the jet kit in the garage. So as soon as I get the e-series I'm taking the wolve to shop & have my dealer install both.Will post as soon as I get results.

Old 12-16-2001, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I ordered mine from SummitCycles and it will be here four days from now. I hope it will in here in four days. I payed higher shipping charges to get it here faster, it better get here on time or I'm not going to be too happy needless to say. It said it gives form 4 to 7 ponies, I hope so, and works on midrang and topend. I'm trying to get my bike to top out a little higher. It goes good for a 4x4. One thing I like about Rocky Mountain is that some of the stuff has free shipping.

Old 12-17-2001, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dynojet main jet numbers are not comparable to the oem mikuni jet numbers, a dynojet 122 flows more fuel than a Mikuni 122, this causes alot of confusion. The dynojet needles typically flow alot more fuel in the midrange / top end as well, you might find with the stock main jet it is a tad rich with the Dynojet needle. An airfilter (proflow) and bigger inlet snorkel also helps with the throttle response and top end.

If your late model wolvy is a tad cold blooded just open up the idle mix screw on the under side, check with your manual if it is an air screw, therefore screw in = richer (less air) or a fuel mix screw, screw out = richer (more fuel).

Kiwi

Old 12-17-2001, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

If I set the eclip on the Dynojet needle in the #4 groove instead of the recommended #3, will I see any differance? The machine certainly starts better with the Dynojet kit. Could the ProDesign intake be making it too lean? I would really hate to uninstall it, it seals very well.

Old 12-18-2001, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

The 95 wolvy came stock with a 137.5 main jet. this just started happening to our wolvy. It seems to be the accelerator pump failing. Punch it and it takes time for the gas to shoot through the carb and not geting pumped into the carb...

Old 12-19-2001, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, all,

As a long time Wolverine owner, I took an intrest in this discussion,and would like to put in my 2 cents. First of all,the 95,which I have,came stock with a BTM36SH/1 flat slide Mikuni with an accelerator pump, the 96 on up have a 34 Mikuni CV type carb, this gives it a lot better takeoff than the 36,I have found a lot of the bog problem is in the accel pump,the spring for it is far too weak. A spring from a clicker ball point pen is an exact replacement,and much stronger,and keeps it from sticking and bogging. As far as Dyno Jet,for the 95,they are junk,mine ran much worse with the DJ kit,despite days of tuning and jetting. I have also closed up the gap on the pump arm,it was so wide,the slide was almost wide open before it pumped. To date, I have put in a straighter intake tube,from 4stroketech,jetted up to a 140 main,and run a Supertrap IDS silencer with a White brothers torque stuffer. The bog is still not totally gone,but it is a lot better than I started,sorry for the long winded post,just giving you my experience with the 95.

Old 12-19-2001, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

You say that the 95's have this problem because they have a bigger carburetor? Well from my understandings that is not the case. My 95' has a 34mm carb and it came with it. I have also read about this and the said that what they did to the 96's to fix this was "go one step up on the pilot jet". My bike has the same carburetor as my friends 2000 Wolverine, but yet mine has the takeoff problem and his doesn't. Kind of makes you wonder huh. I will talk to someone who builds and races them, and see what he has to say. you also have to remember that each quad can come from the factory with different jetting, because they are sent to different alttitudes.