Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, cool I was gonna show u a simular one on fmfracing.com......now they say sae horsepower...mine is brake horsepower how do u convert??????????

Old 12-21-2001, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Thiers brake horse power, horse power and corrected horse power, I almost forgot torque, well any way it's all relative.
Thiers two comon dynos used today, a dynojet dyno, wich you ride your bike up on strap it down and let her rip.
Then thiers a hydraulic dyno, were you remove the counter sprocket and attach a hydraulic dynometer to it, it doesn't matter.
The most basic thing I can tell you is if you are good with a dyno and know how to run the bike on the machine you can make it say what ever you want.

Thiers two ways we do it and it is a very common practice,
First you put it in second then get her going at 2000 rpms then ring out all the gears.
Second you stick it in forth bring it to 2000 rpm's and pin the throttle untill she has no more.

But mostly I can tell you is a dyno is a graet tool only if you know how to read them and if you are tuning to use trial and error techniques to find that one little thing that gives you the advantage.

Old 12-21-2001, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

damn sae too, well let me play with this program here and see what difference thier is, mostly it has to do with humidity and temp and other crap.
Here we use corrected horse power so it can be shared with others as far as altitude and temp and all the other crap you need to enter before the run.
Well give me a bit I'll see if I can convert some of these graphs over, but I know none will show me the one like you have.

Old 12-21-2001, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

hahaha .. I am looking to I cant wait to give this guy a call on wed next week...haha...I appriciate you help..

Old 12-21-2001, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

man I wish I could help but I can't seem to convert saved files to the different catagories, I could take a run but I'm tired and the week is over.
I looked at what we have and the fmf and dynojet, thier all pretty good but I can tell if your selling something your bike seems to have a couple more ponies than the real world.
But any way it's excellent to see so much top end ponies being made on the quads.
Usually when you have highly tuned machines you don't get that much out of the top, the EPA or some one is realy got a clamp on these things.

I'm going to ask our quad expert this week.
Sorry I just came into quads in august, street strip is my game but I will be better soon!

Old 12-21-2001, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

your sayin i am coming out high?....I thought u were sayin I was way low...now I am confused.... but ....thanks...I'm not sellin anything I'm tryin to figure out my own bike and learn how to read the dyno charts...thats all...

Old 12-21-2001, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

sorry my comment wasn't for you, it was how dynojet and fmf seem to have some "to real" pretty dyno's.
No, I believe some one gave you some thing that makes no sense.
Don't worry I'll have every dyno freek on here by tomorrow bashing me any ways.
I hate when this goes like this but I hope every thing works out and by all means don't let it get you down, it's a real nice bike!!

Old 12-21-2001, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

Its funny cause theirs no way u could get me down about this bike...I ride with a couple raptors and stock banshee and no one has beaten me yet....tomarrow I am going out with another banshee with pipes and stuff I don't really know ,but by the end of the day I 'm sure we'll know who's faster....hahaha..P.S. now well both be bashed tomarow......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2001, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Gaff didn't know you had acess to a dyno ummm might have to make a trip your way when im finshed with my motor.

Old 12-22-2001, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider

well, I can proudly say I'm.......confused...

Quick Reply: Dyno Results