Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

question on parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2000, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is a carb, cam , and a head on atv's i read it in another post about about getting a new carb for a cam and head or something like that i would appreciate it if someone answered my question i really don't know that much about quads just how to ride them

Old 02-08-2000, 01:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually even people who ride quads a lot at least know what things are and where they are. Maybe not in your case, how long have you rode. A good thing to help you understand what and where everything is would be to buy a clymer repair manual for whatever quad you have and read through everything and look at the illustrations in the book. That should help you out a lot with understanding where everything is and if you have any mechanical ability you should be working on your own quad after a while of studying the book and going over your quad while looking at it. I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I just find it hard to believe that anyone who rides quads doesn't know what are where the carb, cam, and head are. But a head is at the very top of your motor and it's what you put your spark plug in. Cam is inside your motor underneath the head and it's what actuates your valves to open and close in the combustion chamber. Your carb is an odd looking thing with a few hoses and tubes and adjusting screws with a cable coming into the top of it from the throttle lever and is situated between your airbox and top end of the motor.