Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Headlight Bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002 | 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

actually ..i also mountain bike..i do alot of night riding..there is a system out there called nightrider. It has several different models..the most espensive is the HID version and its like 435.00..it come swith a light and battery and a high tech control switch wich is some kind of LED system..its very trick and reliable....i have another system called night sun which i purchased way before the niterider system even was thought of....so if you think this is alot of money...niteriders got you beat

But yes both systems are a little ridiculos when it comes to cash..personally i don't think there is anything wrong with the stock set-up ..at least for my use..then again i don't go duning at night so.....

if i did though i am SURE that this would be the system i would want

Peace

CHEAP?? WHAT DOES CHEAP MEAN??

Old 01-16-2002 | 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have a lightwave flashlight that has 10 LED's and runs on D batteries. It is brighter than stock Raptor headlights and can endure 1 month of continual use. It is about $75 dollars and is tooooo cooool!!!

Old 01-16-2002 | 10:28 PM
|
Pro Rider

I hear you "Kingraptor", if I rode more dunes like you guys out West I might do something different with the lighting. But in Indiana, what's the use. I am as far from "CHEAP" as they come, but $500 for lights is a waste of money. At least where I'm from. To each his own, I guess.

Old 01-17-2002 | 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

this is a little off the subject but i have a strobe light kit that runs off a 12v battery will it work on the raptor. i think it would look tight when my lights are on w/ the strobe going at the same time!

Old 01-17-2002 | 09:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Kingraptor...Just because your priorities include a $500 lighting set-up does'nt mean everyone else is cheap if they don't include the same set-up on their ride. People have different priorities concerning modifications to their atv.

So no-one has tried a slightly brighter bulb than the stocker?

Old 01-17-2002 | 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

I can't help with the brighter bulb issue but I can tell you I burned two stock ones out in 3 months prior to using clear sealant to seal between the lens and the black case. I haven't burned a light out in the last 8 months.

I was thinking about BlueLeader's option. I want the lights to move with the handlebars but I don't want to spend $500 on new lights. I just spent almost $500 on a new bumper, front rack, and some cowl plastic for the Kodiak. What a rip off. My girlfriend's son just bought a 1988 Nissan Sentra for $300 that has never been wrecked, has shiny red paint and an almost perfect interior. He bought the damn car the same day my Kodiak stuff showed up. Talk about feeling ripped off. He has a nice car sitting there and I have a few pieces of steel tubing and some plastic.

/NotuRaptor

Old 01-17-2002 | 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Cheap?! i don't think so. $500 for lights is pretty funny. i've wiped my Raptor acouple of times and those lights are the first thing that goes (i've had to replace mine twice). I think they make the plastic out of C4 or something. Anyways, i would be in it for $1500 if i had to replace those in addition to the repairs. I think my insurance company would have just considered it recked.

I think kingRaptor fell off his quad, riding in the dark and hit his head. Damaging the part of his brain that keeps him from making impulse buys.lol

i'm just kidding King, Good for you. My wife would leave me if i made that purchase. and then she'd send my family in for an intervention and have me committed

Old 01-17-2002 | 03:35 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks GARY! I pulled the light out last night and sure enough it was severly corroded. Scraped off the corrosion and the light is back in action! Just an FYI it was my left headlight and was not completely out it was just very dim on both high and low settings. Saved me from spending $500 thanks.

Old 01-17-2002 | 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

you cheap bastard. Now your stuck with that inferior lighting system.

Old 01-17-2002 | 04:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Excellent! Glad I could be of help! The only downside is....well....Chets already went over that...hehe

Quick Reply: Raptor Headlight Bulb?