Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BLM Rangers (Glamis)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MLK was my first weekend at Glamis. People were great and so were the dunes. We were on CR250's without flags. On Saturday afternoon, at the sand drags, we were stopped by two rangers on atv's. They were polite and informed us that we needed flags but no tickets. They one ranger recognized that it is almost impossible to mount a flag on a bike.

Old 01-27-2002, 10:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

My ticket was givin to me over the Thanksgiving weekend. I think they are a bit more pumped to give tickets that weekend, then kinda mellow out as the season goes on. But again, mine were local sheriffs, not BLM Rangers.

RoostKing...

Old 01-30-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

It is obvious that the BLM gives tickets based on their personal preferences. It seems that the harmless offenders will get all the tickets and the real psychos get away with everything. They have to give some tickets so they might as well go for the safe encounter. Why would a BLM guy get within 100 feet of the psycho drunk littering at Comp Hill and get smashed in the mouth. Not a good risk/reward scinario. You can't win so just obey the rules and have a good time. The best revenge is to live well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I think they should enforce the $500 fine for littering. Just videotape the violation, read the registration number off the bike, hand over the ticket.

Old 01-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

The "spring break" environment and mentality is what is going to get the dunes closed - forever. Unfortunately, most of what the BLM is doing appears misguided but crowd control is not really supposed to be their specialty. If lots of rangers and ridiculous fines ultimately help keep the dunes open - then comply with the rules or pay the fines and eventually the "punks" will go away and we'll get the dunes back. It sucks but the other option is less enforcement and more rowdys which = closed dunes.

Old 01-31-2002, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

I gotta jump up on my soapbox now.....I visit glamis about 10-12 times a season and stay for3-5 days. I am addicted to the place. In recent years Ive seen glamis go to hell, and the press that WE duners have recieved makes me ill. I ride like a man possesed, and carry the tools required to put the flag back on when I wipe out. I obey the laws, and deserve a ticket when I screw up. The BLM has recently gone into the attack mode and I say more power to them.... they should have all the best tools that money can buy( and by the way I believe the funco was donated to them by funco and the ASA). I have seen several people killed in accidents that probably would not have happened if the BLM had the show of force that they had on MLK weekend.In weekends past they have had check points and made arrests then put the cars on car haulers and impounded them...maybe those people will never return. They do a dirty, dangerous job and deserve all the support we can give them. I am a member of the ASA and fly my checkered flag in support of them proudly. Ride safe,ride hard, ride within the law, or there will be no place to ride........Ciao