Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

can the blaster wheelie? in what gears without the clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually i was hoping for something that could beat my warrior! my parents probobly wouldnt get me a 99 400ex, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT IM CANADIAN NOT AMERICIAN! A NEW BLASTER WOULD BE 6 GRAND FOR ME! what would a used 99 400ex cost? CCCCAAANNNADDDDIAANNNN! or an excellent condition used blaster. are there any differences in the years of blasters?

Old 02-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I got my 96 blaster in 97 for 2,200 American bux. The guyy was sking 2,800 but we talked him down. Dont get a 400ex, i have never been fond of them.

Old 02-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

If you get a good pipe, reeds, and filter, the blaster will beat a warrior.

Old 02-02-2002, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

<< Dont get a 400ex, i have never been fond of them. >>

You want to tell everyone WHY you DISLIKE 400EX's, but you LIKE your warrior and blaster?
Is it because of the crappy suspention, or that weak, unreliable engine?

Old 02-02-2002, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Blasters are slow and you'll need more power before you know it!! I recomend the banshee for a two stroke and the Raptor 660r for a four stroke!!! You'll never regret the extra $$$ you spend!!! remember SLOWWWWWWWWWWW Blasters) George[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

thunderpower, I thought you had a C-Dale Speed, what happened to it???????????

Old 02-03-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

<< You want to tell everyone WHY you DISLIKE 400EX's, but you LIKE your warrior and blaster?
Is it because of the crappy suspention, or that weak, unreliable engine?
>>

I did not say I disliked the 400ex's, but i am not FOND of them, because everybody seems to think they are the stuff. Fact: My first year every racing my blaster was in '99. Then it was compleatly stock. Yeah forst year and all but i got 4th overall. Just last year i was impressed when the 400ex guys were in aww becasue the blaster was pushing them and the rider harder every lap. The guys who had modded out 400ex's came over to me durring the bike moto's and started looking it over to see if it was really a blaster. They could not believe a slightly modded blaster with no suspention upgrades could keep up with them, and a few of them, pass and beat. Also my time time through a large set of whoops was much better than the 400ex guys. This is where i would gain on them. My blaster is not comparable to a 400ex but it can hang with them.

Unrelialbe engine? My 87 warrior was a basket case when it was purchased feb. 16, 2001. IT was owned by one person. On it was about 10 yards of baling wire and a trashed suspention. After a pull rope was purchaced and the trottle cable was re-attached, we got the piece running wiht not engine work. a 14 year old stock no rebuilt motor came to life. Sure it needed help but it worked. Unreliable, i dont think so.

400ex's are not very popular for the woods here. On a time trial, i made it through a sectoin of a hair scramble in less time than my equally skilled buddy did on his 400ex. Why? Becasue the 400ex like to track at high speeds when you are trying toso straight and it will not follow the front end. That is why i am not FOND of 400ex's. I do not dislike them. (-) (-)

Old 02-03-2002, 04:29 AM
Pro Rider

Blaster96: I am not the kind of person to insult someone about their quad.
I did not mean to sound like the blaster has crappy suspention, and I did not mean to sound like the warrior was unreliable. That is NOT what I meant to 'say'.

I was being sarcastic about the 400EX's 'crappy suspention' and how it is so 'unreliable'. (trying to figure out why I thought you disliked them)

If you are hanging with those 400's on a track, congrats. You are a good rider, and I would say that your blaster IS compairable with the 400's, if your hangin with them.

Racing is 90% rider, and 10% machine, though.

Sorry about the confusion/misunderstanding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-Matt

Old 02-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

That remindes me of a race around here a while back. It had rained for 2 weeks straight, and since they didn't have enough riders, they combined all the quad classes into one for that race. The race consisted of warrior's, blasters, banshee's, 400ex, 250r, and a recon with Superswampers on it. Guess who won? Since the recon was the only quad with mud-capable tires, a closed air-box, it won over everyone in the race. It was histerical. I'm sure the rider had something to do with who won, as it was a very good local racers pitbike, and he decided to just go for it with the recon.

Old 02-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

lol thats funny but im not going to be racing or riding in the mud, just recreational small jumps and fun in the snow ect. 400ex is definetly my fav quad but can i put a kickstart on it? i go out for long rides in the desert. a long ride to me is 20m. thats usually how far i go, if my starter or anything breaks i would atleast have a kickstart to start it. is it possible to put a kickstart on a 400ex and how much would it cost?
iv crossed out the banshee because somebody told me that if i get a pipe i would have to get twice of everything, hence the repairs every 1-2 years. 2stroke is not my bet except for a blaster. so, the blaster and the 400ex are definetly the 2 choices. i dont have much money. my parents wont pay for a new quad. how much is a 99 400ex? i see blasters in the paper too many times but i always pass it up. basiclly suspention and power are the most important things. i have owned a lot of utilitys and im tired of going slow! aslong as it goes 50+ im fine with the speed.

Quick Reply: can the blaster wheelie? in what gears without the clutch?