Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I was told there is no such thing as an Extended Warrenty for a Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 01:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told there is no such thing as an extended warrenty for the Grizzly.

According to the dealer I talked to, there is a "Y.E.S"; a Yamaha Extender Service Plan which covers the basic maintenance.

However, I would think there has to be a way to extend the manufacturer's warrenty ( an extended warrenty ). I have read others mention it in this forum.

Any suggestions on how I can go about finding our more information on this?

If there is an extended warrenty, it sounds like I will need to go back to this dealer and show him the proof. He is a great dealer for getting a machine serviced. From what I have been told, he really stands by his machines and his customers.

Old 02-07-2002, 01:44 AM
The Facility

Man,..the salesman you spoke with must have been on his first day at the job.

Y.E.S. is the exact OPPOSITE of what your dealer has told you. The Y.E.S. covers the same thing that your regular warranty does except certain things [which are disclosed to you at the time of purchase]. The Y.E.S. does NOT cover maintenance of ANY KIND [oil changes, lube jobs,etc.]

You have six months from the date you purchased your machine to buy the Y.E.S. plan. Only when you do, make sure you talk to someone there who actually knows what the hell they are doing.

KNOWSALOT

Old 02-07-2002, 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got some crap in the mail from Yamaha the other day about an extended warranty for like $800 and promptly threw it in the trash. If they weren't making money on it, they wouldn't offer it. I would prefer to take my chances. I have serious doubts that 90% of folks would ever get their money back out of this. Warranties are generally for suckers or for people that are really hard on a quad and can use it for what its worth. I'm neither.

Old 02-07-2002, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

i too have turned down the extended warrenty due to the cost, $600.00 i beleave that most or any repairs that might need to be done in the first 3 years probibally will cost less than that. if yamaha would offer the warrenty for a cost of around $350.00 then i would have bought it instantly. my quad has been flawless, and i would hope a quad of 2 or 3 years would not need major work, other than the normal wear and tear. if they do, then yamaha would loose alot of costomers! good luck with your quad, and they do make an extended warrenty for the grizzly! the salesman you spoke to had got to lay off the crack. too many braincells burnt odviously, lol!my pictures

Old 02-07-2002, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

I was offered the extended warrenty for my Grizzly for around $330.00 (not from the dealer I bought it from mind you). I would do it, except the aftermarket exhaust will void the warrenty, and weighing what I want more, and depending on the quality of the quad, I'm forgoing the extended warrenty on the Grizz...but will get it for the Kodiak.
(Andy..that's around the same price the dealer I purchased the Grizzly from wanted for the extended warrenty)

SilverBear

Old 02-07-2002, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

it is $600.00 for three years and if you think it is not worth it the first time my frinds dad took his 660 out he got stuck because the servos that lock the front diff shroted out and the servos coast $300.00 bucks apice (good thing it was under warenty

Old 02-08-2002, 02:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Blazermaster- That is a good example, but think of how many warranties have been purchased and never used. Its like saying you know somebody that hit it big in Vegas at the Roulette wheel. For every one that pays off there are several that don't see a penny. Its a chance game really. You either take the chance that you won't have any major problems and not pay for the warranty, or you take the chance that the warranty will save you money somewhere down the line.

Its like insurance. Its only worth something to you if you have a claim. I would like to have back everything I've ever spent on auto insurance. My single claim was like $800 and i had to pay the $500 deductible on that.

Old 02-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your dealer is wrong. Yamaha's Y.E.S. plan is available for the 2002 Grizzly, and it is an extended service plan of the original 6 month warranty. There may be a few exclusions as their dealer literature is not the most descriptive.

I own a red 2002 Grizzly with 200 trouble free miles on it. It has gone over and through any and all types of terrain.

I just purchased on 2/6/02 from my dealer the Yamaha three (3) year Y.E.S. plan for $400.00. All dealers have the same cost, it is their decision on the mark-up. Even though I have not had any problems, the 2002 Grizzly is basically a new model. You never know! $400.00 is not a bad investment to have peace of mind for the next three years.

DMTRASHMAN
2002 Red Grizzly
26" GNC Dirt Devils
2000# Warn Winch with Warn Handlebar Rocker Switch
Hand Warmers
Custom Armor Boot Guards (front & rear)
Cajun Max Dry Store on rear
API Tank Bag
rear anti-sway bar removed

Old 02-11-2002, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider

I would consider it if it less then 400 or in the area. On our past 2 Timberwolves, both rearends went out on them. On the first one, something happened to it internally (don't remember what, it was awhile ago) and the engine had to be rebuilt. I feel more comfortable knowing all my repair work is paid for for 3 years.

One question, won't oversized tires void your warranty? I have read that somewhere, don't remember where.

Old 02-11-2002, 01:15 PM
Range Rover

dmtrashman,

I appeciate your information on the basic cost of $400 for the 3yr. YES plan. That will give me some barterring power with the various dealers here in my area. Now, You got that information from a reliable source I take it?

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: I was told there is no such thing as an Extended Warrenty for a Grizzly