Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on a new quad, very soon. I need to find some banks that will loan us about $8000 with moderately bad credit. We have collateral and if needed, and a Co-Signer. What are some of the places you guys/gals have gone through.

Old 02-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

I would try your personal bank first they can usually give you the best rate.

If you have not so good credit your dealer can usually find you the best bank to lend you the money with a half way decent percentage rate, they may even be able to beat your banks rate.

You may also try and get some after market parts included with the bike for one loan. I wish I had included a set of Elka's when I bought my raptor. Just a thought.

Old 02-07-2002, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

I can't go through a cycle shop because we have to use half the money for something else, and the payments are easier to just get me a quad and pay off another loan we have out than to just get one for a quad. I am just trying to compare interest rates to see who will get us the best deal.

Old 02-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Did that make sense to you guys, what I mean is we are trying to get a big enough loan to pay off another loan and to get a quad. I reread my post and it didn't make sense really.

Old 02-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, I hope your not going in debt to buy a quad. Nothing is worth that, not even a quad. It's better to wait and save, just not as fun.

Try "www.lendingtree.com"

Old 02-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

No we're not going to go in debt to buy a quad, I have been using some "payment calculators" to see approximate payments, and they're close to the same my mom is paying now on her other loan, only this way I could get a quad, and she could have that other loan payed off so her credit will look kinda good. I am also getting a job to pay for it, but the racing season starts in about a month here, so I want to be able to do the whole series(I should say every race, there isn't a real series, just points races). And just a little FYI, she isn't just going out and buying me a quad, I am doing "odd jobs" and babysitting until I get a real job, but Oregon has the highest unemployment rate right now, so it's kinda hard to find a job.

Old 02-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

go to college. then you can buy any toy you want.