Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster Blues

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 09:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Have a 2001 blaster, (just picked it up yesterday). Today at the sand dunes, i took a gnarly jump and landed more twoards my front tires. Then i rode around for about 30 seconds and heard a rattaling noise. Then the kick starter jammed up and wouldnt move and i could not start. Do you guys know what happend? Im new to yamahas and new input. Repair costs would be appriciated. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2002, 02:06 AM
The Facility

There are quite a few things to check out.

Are you still running the auto-lube injector oil tank?? If you are, you could have knocked a line loose or busted your tank when you landed from that jump causing you to loose your oil and it seized your engine. Did it run at a high idle speed when this happened??

Will the Blaster roll in nuetral?? If it does,..then put it into 6th gear and try rolling it [without the back tires sliding]. If it doesn't roll, you probally either have a piston seized in the cylinder,...a broken clutch basket,...or transmission damage.

Exactly where was the noise coming from?? Did the engine die and come to a sudden halt when it went dead?? No matter what it is, you are in need for repairs from someone who has experience with two strokes OR transmission repair. Costs will depend on what is damaged.

You said you picked up this quad yesterday. Did it even have oil??

I know I have more questions than you had in your post, but with what information you gave, it really could be many things without details.

KNOWSALOT

Old 02-17-2002, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

First of all, what break in prosses did you use? It normally takes me a week to do my break in. I am guessing, due to the lack of a propper break-in prosses you seized the piston or dammaged the transmition.