Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor: What happined?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, today my carb poped off for the first time...what could have caused this...My quad has the k+n power-up kit with k+n ect, also, stock exhaust with sparky removed, i have it jetted to what they said to do if you have a stock exhaust. The carbs poped after a landing from a jump. Also, when the machine gets warm, there seems to be a slight stumble coming off idle, what could be the problem? also what oil do you guys use..(don't say yamahalube, my tranny went, and my clutch burned out with that stuff, it diden't help)

Old 02-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

onur carb there is a clamp on the boot matter a fact i thin two now in there somwhere there are metal spacers either take them out or shorten them up quite a bit

i had the same problem

Old 02-17-2002, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

go with a 27.5 pilot jet and replace those stock clamps with some standard hardware hose clamps. While your at it, romove the aibox lid or at least trim out the restrictor in the snorkel, and go with about a size bigger jet in both carbs try 150 left/155 right then read the plug. Maybe you should throw away that junk dirt flowing K and N, don't argue they're not junk cause they are, and get a decent foam filter, your motor will thank you.

Old 02-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

yea, put regular clamps on there and cut right through your boots, and the K&N thing ...what ever dude.. sounds like u know what u'r talkin about....hahaha

Old 02-17-2002, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

Hardware clamps will not cut through the boots, you don't have to tourqe them to 100 footpounds, and ask any tuner on earth about which filters are better. K&N's give about 1/4 HP more and flow four times the dirt. Is it worth the trade? Think again smartasss

Old 02-17-2002, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

I've also heard that the K&Ns give you problems... or atleast thats what I've heard for K&N filters on cars/trucks. I had one on my old 300ex and didn't have any problems though (even though I only used it for a very little time before I sold the 300). I've heard of lots and lots of people that have NEVER had any problems w/ the K&N's and only less than a handful that have had problems... I don't know, I guess it's sort of a toss up.

Old 02-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Looking at your signature, I take it that your not very happy with the Raptor? They seem to have a lot of power although I have never ridden one. I have only seen 2 of them do good on the track though, so I don't know if they are hard to ride on the track or just happened to be that those other guys sucked.

Old 02-17-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

if u cuss ur just being immature get back at him in other ways man such as ask him a question only a true fourwheeler techinician would know such as what kinda piston do u need to run race gas

come on man lets clean up these forums theres to many people being immature even though i cant beleive iim sayying this becuase i ahev blown up and cussed in these forums b4 i stil say it would be better if some people not just kids would quit lieing about what they do or wat they have and getting outta control who cares if someone calls u a name man its just them gett ing mad becuase they dont live by u and cant kick ur a$$

later

Old 02-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

I hear ya, I'm just mad Tony Stewart's car blew on the first lap...its all good...

Old 02-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

i know! i cant beleive everyone got knocked out in the last wat? 50 laps?

Quick Reply: Raptor: What happined?