Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im crushed, heehee! all this time i was under the understanding that the red one was the fastest too! now i hear that the silver ones handle better??? ( as i wipe away the tears, lol) well, i know FOR A FACT that the red one IS THE REDEST!!! i know, i know, you dont beleave me, but its true! redder than all the other red grizzlys out there! and there are rumors that it is also the coolest one while in the air, heehee!

you guys are tooo funny!

my pictures

Old 02-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Andy~

Well Heck, they cant just give away the sport handling package on the Grizzly for that low, low price of MSRP!

As I think back on it, probally the best $300.00 I ever spent. <wiping tear from eye>

Mich~

I think your dealer misled you! He obviously knew the difference in what the colors represented. But, you may be right that the red one is the reddest of them all. I'll have to call Yamaha first just to verify that, though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SilverBear

Old 02-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Andy,

Depending on where the gas is boiling at, it seems to me that heat wrap with a reflective surface could be used on the underside of the tank or over the fuel line. I'm sure this has been thought of......just trying to help solve a problem.

Waylan

Old 02-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I already covered the underside of the tank. I'm still going to wrap the pipe eventually though.

MichGrizz- The word out now is that the red ones are more Hondalike, and are noted for extra engine life. They are also the reddest as well. The beige ones are the ones made on Monday and Friday.

Old 02-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

I don't have a grizzly. But I like them I would like to have one if they ever put a five speed transmition on it because I don't like the automatic to much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2002, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Andy~

<< The beige ones are the ones made on Monday and Friday. >>

Oh great, now you've let the cat out of the bag! Watch those sales drop to nothing with the biege!

LMAO

SilverBear

Old 03-01-2002, 02:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Beige quads only sell when its the last one left and a guy doesn't want to wait. That or on closeout. When Honda did away with the 300, they had beige ones on closeout all over the place for cheap. Red and Green not to be found.

Old 03-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

A blue color is the fastest....,not available in the U.S./neither quad nor plastic/. BUT according to Yamaha tech.,canadian blue plastic will fit.
Joe

Old 03-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

well, at least i didn't get th beige one then!! and to think how close i came to it, lucky for me there were none in, lmao!!!
ANDY, does that mean mine only has 3 inchs of suspencion travel couse its honda like, heehee? it will run for a long time then, but it wont be able to climb a soda cap, LMAO!!!

my pictures

Old 03-02-2002, 01:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No, they did not include the honda suspension. They just beefed up the a-arms and used titanium bolts in place of steel I think.

As for the Blue Grizz, its only advantage is that its the best looking. The fastest thing is just something they tell the Canadians, though I don't think they buy into it. Its also a jealousy ploy directed at all of us in the US that wanted a blue one!

The official Kangaroo Court ruling on the 660 colors is:
Blue= more attractive, a gift to canada
Red= superior reliability and added reinforcement
Green= slightly faster than the others due to jetting changes and factory clutching.
Silver= different steering geometry and better handling with advanced suspenion that is not visible to the naked eye.
Camo= invisible in some remote areas. hunter friendly, with no mechanical advantages or disadvantages.
Beige= built on mondays and fridays when the workers are hungover or ready to leave. this is done so that those looking for closeout pricing when a larger model is introduced will actually get their money's worth.

Quick Reply: new grizzly