Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2000, 11:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the water pump located

Old 02-23-2000, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

best 4-wheeler by far . . .yeah it really sounds like it! I think I like my quad that sits in my garage and not at the shop.

Old 02-23-2000, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure about that. Hopefully this can be resolved if it is a common problem. I would hope Yamaha would stand behind their product and make it right. However, I owned the first model year of the Timberwolf which had a design flaw on the floor board, (it broke repeatedly, due to just plastic). I wrote them a letter and they changed it to metal the next year. They sent me a letter telling me thanks for the input but if you owned the first year model...you lose. I hope that's not the case again. I like the bike a lot so far...

Old 02-24-2000, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Y2K Kodiak and am not going to PANIC. I work as a maintenance tech for Anheuser-Busch and believe me I know pumps and seals. The Sand and riding conditions are BULL****!
We may be seeing bad seals or shafts. Or incorrect installation procedures. I only have 11 hours on mine so my fingers are crossed.
This dealer that blamed the riding conditions is not showing you any signs of intelligence or respect.
Hang in there. The Kodiak is an AWSOME unit. If they go to an intelligent front differential and 50 more cc's I will trade up.

Therock, Budweiser RULES. Party for LIFE. It's too short to not to enjoy!

Old 02-24-2000, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

my oo kodiak also leaks from the water pump!

Old 02-25-2000, 05:29 AM
Trailblazer

To everyone with leaking water pumps:

How many hours/miles did you have on the machine when you started noticing the problem?

Did the machine have the first service done by the dealer?

Is it both 2 and 4 wheel drive models?

Thanks for the input,

Old 02-25-2000, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

the people i have talked to with this problem have only ridden approx. 3 times(meaning 3 diff. rides) one of them only rode his twice.to my knowledge they are all 4x4's.

Old 02-25-2000, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Regarding your post on where is the water pump, the Yamaha rep admitted they have a problem. I wonder will they issue a recall or simply let everyone's warranty run out and then it will be their problem. I feel they should make good on it now. If customers didn't realize it was leaking, they might burn up their engines which would really cost yamaha warranty claims. Any thoughts??

Old 02-25-2000, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer

Well I guess i'm going to have to eat my shirt because I checked my water pump and guess what it's leaking,lord knows for how long, the resevoir level is just above the low level mark on A cold engine.I guess it don't pay to say things before making absolutly sure,i'm glad it was brought up because their is no way you can tell unless you take that side cover off,no puddles or drip marks on the cement floor.I also checked the belt's air cooling routing everything seems ok and clean,this bike has over 1500 km,s on it like I said in A earlier reply it has worked excellent so far. I will call the dealer on monday maybe he has heard something about this.

Old 02-25-2000, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Well i am sure glad i got the big brother, ya a 2000 Grizzly. That was one of the reason's i got it. I worried about the new tech stuff on the kodiak, like the liquid cooling. It is also higher compression than the grizzly. Watch when you go into really cold water when she is hot, i hear because it is so high compression that it could crack the head. I mentiioned it to the dealer and all they could say is it was a possibility. The grizzly was built really tough for working and also for just riding that is why i got it, especially that it was almost the same price for 200 cc more.

Quick Reply: problems with kodiac water pump +