Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ARE YOU OBBSESSED?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I have a DS I can give a bit of insight on this one. I love my Bomb, especially the stretched out ergonomics, but it's not a quad for the masses. It's size, power and squirly handling manners (stock) make it a bit of a handful for novices. It's weight combined with lack of reverse makes it hard on small guys and women. And, unfortunately, there isn't nearly the selection of after market goodies that there is for the Japanese makes. While it's a fast, comfortable ride, more people will prefer mainstream design of the Raptor, including test riders & magazine editors. I don't mind that they don't pick the DS, in fact that highlights one of the coolest things the DS has going for it: the whole "bastard child" persona.

Old 03-07-2002, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

What you do is get ****, cut it out, and print out a raptor and VOILA! QUAD ****! now hang it up in your garage. msn=mxwrath@hotmail.com

Only the obbsessed KNOW they can handle the power.

Old 03-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

oo iv been waiting for this post lol. ya all wanna know about being obbsessed. well thats me i own 5 quads and 2 atc's there all i ever think about. iv had a scrpit to dw and whats now called 4wheel atv action since i was 12 and i got my frist ride a year later. since i saw like 3 quad's and a dirt bike going down the road one day by my my home those many year's ago its just been drawing me in deeper every day i sleep eat and breath the sport. i could put a 250r togther out of a stack of parts and not even need to be awake. i can never get anuff of it i love gaining knowagle as much as i love to ride

Old 03-07-2002, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

ive been telling the wife for some time now, that its not just me that cant stop thinking about quads (although she will never understand),

now if this damn snow would just melt id go pick up the new ride

Old 03-08-2002, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

You live in Mich. and your afraid to ride in snow? Doesn;t make sense, it's fun. So is driving when there isn't anyone else around!

Old 03-08-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Is this Quad Junkies Anonymous? It is?
Great, I feel right at home!

My wife says" if it makes you happy, i'm all for it as long as you keep bringin home the $"

Old 03-08-2002, 12:42 PM
Range Rover

im not afraid to ride in it, i just get no joy out of it, including having the quad sit there with all that snow packed up into the suspension and around the engine,

oh yeah and im quadless right now, (except for the wifes and she told me to stay off it--go figure)

i sold my tank in december and im waiting for the weather to improve before i go buy one, theres no incentive to buy one right now, and the dunes open in 3 weeks, so its not going to be too much longer,

Old 03-08-2002, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Obsessed!? I'm not odsessed! I c-a-a-n q-quit an-ny t-time I w-want to. SO J-JUST BACK OFF, ALRIGHT!!!

Old 03-08-2002, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

hi, my name is rex, and i have been a quad addict for over 2 years. ever since i got my 400EX for x-mas '99. its been great being addicted and im not ready to quit yet. so i dont know why i came to the rehab........????????......?????

Old 03-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Riding in snow = Powerslides, donuts, and jumps. I've been told that I know too much about quads. In my town if anybody has a problem with a quad or a dirtbike they come to me. My buddy's girlfriend asked me why I like riding "stupid quads" all the time. All I could think of is if you have to ask you just wouldn't understand. Riding is like a religious experience. You feel cleansed and at peace with the world after a long day of riding. Just my $.02

Quick Reply: ARE YOU OBBSESSED?