Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RollDesign Raptor Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received my RollDesign Raptor shifter last week. Finally got around to put on the shinny shifter this weekend, but unfortunately it didn't fit properly. The only way to get it to clear the crankcase cover is to have it way low. At this position you can forget about up shifting with boots and stock pegs. It's difficult to down shift to first from neutral as well because it will hit against the frame. Moving it higher it will rub against the crankcase cover and not able to up shift.

Has anyone bought this shifter and experienced the same thing?

Old 03-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bummer, those look sweet to. Maybe they over bent it, or not. Can it be bent away from the case a tad to make it work? Just a thought. I know, you shouldn't have to do that but it's just a thought. Hope it all works out.

Old 03-11-2002, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

I havent received mine yet, they told me that white bros has bought all of them and it will be a week or so until they have some more to sell. I ordered this about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I should cancel? I dont wear regular riding boots, will the shifter be okay with normal leather boots?

Old 03-11-2002, 01:27 AM
Range Rover

I ordered mine from White Brothers and got it in a week. I'm gonna try to bend it and see if that helps any. Mine needs to be bent more. The shifter should be ok with any kind of boots, as long as it clears the crankcase cover.

Old 03-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

I got mine from white bro's
it didn't work so I called
roll design and they said it
was a bad batch so I'm sending
it back and waiting for the second
run those should work I'M TOLD!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I guess I'll wait and get mine direct from Roll. Hopefully they'll be easy to deal with if it doesnt live up to expectations.

Old 04-06-2002, 03:32 AM
Range Rover

I received my new shifter after RollDesign received the defected unit. The turnaround was less than a week. New shifter looks and fits great on my Raptor now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]!

Old 04-07-2002, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

BlueReptile:

Does your new Roll Shifter not hit the sprocket cover when you shift up? Also, is it not too short? I ask because I just got mine from Roll and it is about an inch too short (1 inch shorter than the stocker) and if you have it high enough for your boot to clear, when you shift up it hits the sprocket cover. This one was from the new batch from Roll too. Let me know.

Old 04-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

Slappie,

You're right, the shifter does hit the sprocket cover when up-shifting. I didn't even bother to check the clearance after I installed it. I went ahead and cut out part of the sprocket cover and now it clears. I really haven't ridden it with the new shifter, may have to get use to the shorter shifter with boots.

Old 04-11-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the post guys, I had just ordered one last Sat & luckily it is on back order, I cancelled the order tonight, will put the money towards new front shocks or rear axle, something that fits & works I hope. I sat on a CR250 & it shifts up/down real smooth, wish they could make a shifter that works & fits at the same time....

Quick Reply: RollDesign Raptor Shifter