Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DYNOJET VS. MIKUNI JETTING (PLEASE HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you call dynojet you will get mis information, and if you call them 2x you will get a different story each time, last time I called I told them i was running lean (with the 148/150 dynojet mains) and wanted to know what mikuni size I could try, they told to forget going up on the main jets, that I should move the clip on the needle to the #2 position, what the sh##?? that actually leans it out. bottom line buy yourself a handful of jets and try increasing the size until you get a miss or stumble on the top end, then drop down a size that will get you the max fuel at the top end anyway

Old 04-13-2002, 12:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is an interesting read from the Dyno Jet web site. On what they do with their parts they sell you to make things work beter.

Dynojet

Here is a great read from the dirtwheels issue on how to adjust and fine tune your carburator. Unfortunatly it doesn't have the pics that were in the magazine but and informative read none the less.

Dirtwheels

You can buy this April issue if you are not a subscriber here. Alot of worthwhile information in this issue.

Backissues

Old 04-15-2002, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

SPEEDYDOG5.....i used the 146-148 setup with clips 4th groove from the top & mixture screws 3 turns out. Runs very strong...big time improvement. However, i think it's running a tad rich. I've noticed some black smoke being expelled at start up whem warm. So I's considering trying the 144-146 combo. Overall i'm very happy with the setup.....sounds awesome too.

Old 04-15-2002, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

well I can tell you from years experience that the dynojet jets and keihin and mukini are no where near the same sizes.

I also can tell you that mixxing the combanation of dynojet jets and dynojet needles with stock jets and stock needles in most cases have things way out of wack.

If your dynojet jets that you have are not large enough just buy more. They are $2.50 a piece.

Without getting way into the carb discussion, if you move your C-clip down one notch untill the new jets come in, you will be alrite.

To the feller who has black smoke come out while starting hot, turn your air/fuel mixture screws in 1/4 turn. This will correct it, or you may need to go in one more 1/4. It make a big difference when the bottom (low speed jet) is rich.

You will notice that you may have to keep the choke on longer during warm up when you start leaning out the air/fuel mixture screws.