Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DO ANY OF YOU RAPTOR OWNERS HAVE TRINITY OR SPARKS BUILT ENGINES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Herbdon, regarding the time frame he is currently running behind about 2 weeks.The reason being the cam maker.The companey making the cam is way behind.My advise to you is be patient and keep in contact with scott!I guarantee you will be happy with the product you rec.P.S.it will run better then the one that was at glamis for the FOURSTROKE WARS.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

YES HERBDON it should run better than the one at four stroke wars. because i will guareente
you will not be getting that same engine with the exact same specs that were at four stroke wars.BUT ???? if it is the same engine you will know. The box will be bigger than the one you shipped it in and will have holes so the chemist to mix your fuels can breath on the long trip back!!!

Old 03-14-2002, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have trinity or sparks big moters, BUT what i do have is a turbo-charged raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
pictures
Come to little sahara in oklahoma for rattle snake hunt weekend (april 5-6)to see how it runs!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2002, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

How much $ did the turbo kit cost you?
I'm interested!

Old 03-15-2002, 01:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Herbdon,

I hate to give you more bad news, but my friend and I drove down to Bakersfield and dropped off his Raptor motor a couple days before Christmas. My friend is getting the 690 kit. Sparks was there, but he was busy, so we delt with Scott. He said it would be done April 1st. My friend called back last week and talked to Scott and he said he would by lucky to get it back the first of May!! Gave no reason just said they were real busy. My friend has confidence in Sparks products, just not in his management of getting his product to the customer.

Old 03-15-2002, 01:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Anyone-I do not understand this busy thing. If it is suppose to be done the 1 of may, and it is scheldued, what happened? Can you get bumped out of line by? vendors? Or racers? This is not aimed directly at sparks cause i have never ordered/dealt with them. I read this all the time from alot of people using different shops. You read alot about not getting parts when promised, work completed when promised. What is the real reason?

Kingraptor- what gain are you expecting going with the frc's over the factories. Thanks

Old 03-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Range Rover

Titman,
I had Scott at Sparks put my motor work on the schedule on December 7th, 2001. So your motor work will be done after mine. Sorry about that...According to Scott, the date on the purchase order will dictate when who's motor work will be done first. From December 7th, (the date on my purchase order for "scheduled work&quot, Scott told me that Curtis could not touch my motor until the week of March 18th 2002. That is 3 months waiting time. Now add on the "two weeks" that Scott told me Curtis is behind schedule and that fact that Curtis sparks states that teh 690 kit work should only take a week...(but they tell customers that the total time your motor will be in his shop is 2 weeks)...i am looking at about a 4 month waiting time. This waiting time was something that i was aware of and i am ok with it...However, my motor should be shipped back to me by the end of the first week in April...My only fear is that it may take longer...My first race is on April 28 at soutwich and i will be really upset if i dont make that race. I have confidence in Sparks racing to make the schedule. Only time will tell. Besides getting a motor kit of this caliber will take time... Perfection is not created overnight...Question for you Titman, how long did Scott tell you how long it would take to get your motor back and do you have a copy of your purchase order with the "schedule work" on it??

Old 03-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

rapzilla - the turbo kit is 3500 dollars. very expensive but it is different from everything else out too. i dont have any riding time on it yet but im sure it will be impressive. give mr turbo a call. 1 218 442 7113 i plan to go riding it this weekend so i should have some ideas of how it runs. just hope the weather is nice this weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2002, 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Herbdon

My friend is the one with the Raptor. He called before we took the motor to Sparks and Scott said it would take about 4 weeks from the time they got it. We took the motor to him about the 20th of december. When we got there he showed us the list of people in front of us and said it wouldn't be done until April 1st. My friend was a little upset, but said that was OK because we didn't start racing until April 7th. My friend called Sparks about a week ago, just to see what stage they were at with his motor. Scott said that they hadn't touched it and he would be lucky to get it back the first of May. He never asked Scott exactly what date they were scheduled to start on the motor. We just assumed that when we dropped off the motor it would be done by April 1st. Also we never got a purchase order when we left there. Scott just wrote down our information and put it with his motor. I guess its our fault for not getting it in writing with a purchase order, but we figured looking face to face with a guy that works for Sparks, we were safe. We still think we're going to get the best product out there, we're just dying to get it back and ride it. So when you get yours running we would love to hear about it.

Old 03-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

Titman,
I would Scott and have him fax you a copy of a purchase order with the scheduled work on it...the purchase order will list all the stuff required for work...good luck...
herbdon

Quick Reply: DO ANY OF YOU RAPTOR OWNERS HAVE TRINITY OR SPARKS BUILT ENGINES?