Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DO ANY OF YOU RAPTOR OWNERS HAVE TRINITY OR SPARKS BUILT ENGINES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a big bore engine kit for my raptor!
Can any of you tell me the top speeds of your TRINITY 686,727 or CURTIS SPARKS 690 built motors????????

Old 03-13-2002, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

Come on people!
Some of you must know or have an idea of the top speed.
I NEED INFO!
THANKS!!!

Old 03-13-2002, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

How fast do you want to go? Lets see a 15 front sprocket and a 36 in the rear with 20in. tires, if you can pull the RPM and then of course you have to factor in the wind resistance, 110mph. I don't think you would see 110, but you might see 95-100?

Old 03-13-2002, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer

I want top speed and acceleration.
Thats why I want know the speeds of the motors.
I know the acceleration will be faster as well.

Old 03-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

Go with the trinity kit.That way I will have some one else to out run!Lyle

Old 03-14-2002, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Lyle,

(remember, you started this one)

As I understand, there is only one "fast" Sparks Raptor. I know Curtis is more than qualified to make things fast. His race history speaks for his abilities. However, from what I am told, he is running months behind on orders (good for him, bad for customers). Accordingly, you are correct in that only your high performance Sparks Raptor might run circles around some of the other mild build Raptors. My guess is that there are no other high performance Sparks Raptors in the general population.

We hear of many many Trinity Raptor owners who are very happy with their machines and with the the prompt customer service they received. Sure, most people can build a one off machine that really moves. The question is -- can you reproduce and sell it to the average Joe for a reasonable price and provide it in a reasonable time?? I have only heard about your one Raptor and your other slower Raptor that you brought to Dumont.

And proof on my point is easily found here at the atvconnection:

shollz
(Pro Rider)
Guilford, Indiana

Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:18 AM (NEW!)

Don't Hold your breath on the 4 weeks time he gave you. I have been waiting 3 months for the 690 kit, And I am just getting all of the components and not the porting. He says he is waiting on cams. Thanks to him I am missing the first national this weekend. If your name ain't Shane Hitt or Jeremiah Jones you can't get anythhing. I can't wait till I see curtis at the nationals, He's going to get a piece of my mind.

Old 03-14-2002, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

hahahahehe the forum was getting a little boring!and by the way my uncles bike is faster then yours!The fcr carbs are in stock at sparks there was 8 sets there last night!

Old 03-14-2002, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer

KingRaptor

Why did you decide to go with spark for the fcr carbs insted of trinity?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2002, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

TEAMSPARKS, (Lyle),

I too have become very concerned for my motor work. I am on the schedule to have the 690 kit installed on my motor. As i write this my motor is somewhere in colorado on a UPS truck heading for Bakersfield. The schedule has Curtis doing my motor the week March 18th. But i talked to Scott at Sparks racing and he told me Curtis is about two weeks behind schedule. This is not a big deal for me. My first race is not until April 28th and that would give Curtis a month to get my motor done and shipped back to me. That would give me two weeks to get my raptor back together and break in the motor before the race. Scott told me that Sparks racing would do there best to get my motor done.

However, I currently am not feeling so comfortable with that time table with all the messages i have been reading regarding long return times for customers part/motor work orders. If you could please shed some light on this "controversy"...

I was smart enough to have my order put on the schedule... my purchase order that Scott faxed to me also states at the top...."scheduled 690 kit"...i dont know if that make a difference or not, but any insider information regarding the schedule would be highly appreciated. I know Curtis is very busy and I am honored to have him doing my motor, but i want honestly when it comes to being told "how long will it take"...

i highly appreciate your assistance in this matter.

herbdon........

Old 03-14-2002, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

No other questions. Was just curious.

Quick Reply: DO ANY OF YOU RAPTOR OWNERS HAVE TRINITY OR SPARKS BUILT ENGINES?