Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What's the fastest sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think they're BS. Back in 87 or 88 they said the Banshee went 87 MPH. July '01 issue of DirtWeels , the Cannondale was fastest at 74, the DS and Raptor at 71 with Banshee and EX behind those numbers. Now the Cannondale is faster, but the Raptor, DS and Banshee are faster than the Cannondale now. Hmmm... it's all a conspiricy man, ahh I'm freaking out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

I am with CharlieHorse. Who cares about 100% stock? How about stock plus $500 or even dollar for dollar.

/NotuRaptor

Old 03-17-2002, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

a stock banshee will not come close to a ds650, raptor, or cdale. they are the most choked atv out there. put some pipes and it will have about the same top end as the cdale. as for putting the difference of the raptor and the cdale into the raptor and making the raptor walk all over the cdale, please tell me how you plan to do that with $500. you will probably never get the handling of the cdale on a raptor unless you want to spend some serious $$$. i know a piped raptor will not beat a stock cannibal, cause i raced a guy with a pro curcuit full system and beat him. the raptor is so choked up it needs more than a pipe to make it beat a cdale. as far as engine goes, for about $1000 you can make a raptor or ds650 walk all over a cdale in top speed, but the cdale will still have better handling and that awesome EFI acceleration. if all you want is top end you came to the wrong sport, go buy a gsx-r1000, r1, or hayabusa.

Old 03-17-2002, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

<< I still think they're BS. Back in 87 or 88 they said the Banshee went 87 MPH. July '01 issue of DirtWeels , the Cannondale was fastest at 74, the DS and Raptor at 71 with Banshee and EX behind those numbers. Now the Cannondale is faster, but the Raptor, DS and Banshee are faster than the Cannondale now. Hmmm... it's all a conspiricy man, ahh I'm freaking out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] >>

these guys who listen to their dealers and the mags don't understand the mag and dealer crap yet. i love going to ocala and listening to the guys with stock raptors and banshees telling me how their dealer told them it will do over 85mph out of the box.

Old 03-17-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

<< Everybody who thinks the mag MPH is BS must get there radar guns recalibrated. My buddy has one his DS went 76.1MPR on the rev limiter my banshee went 77.6. so I think the mag must be really close to being acurate..and if anybody disputes this and wants to see come to 17 and see for yourself.. >>

your stock banshee goes 77.6? was this before or after you smoked the pound of crack.

Old 03-17-2002, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

LOL,, corndog, normally i dont like you, think you're a smartarse that could be a little quieter at times, but that last post was friggin funny.

Old 03-17-2002, 01:24 AM
The Facility

Whats all this talk about &quot;price difference&quot;, and &quot;dollar for dollar&quot; stuff??

You aren't going to build an aluminum framed, fuel injected, Ohlins suspended, hydraulic clutch, race worthy out of the box....Raptor [or a DS] with the $500.00 difference in price.

By the way, the aluminum frames on Honda and Cannondale's dirtbikes/ATVs have been proven to be stronger than the mild steel frames used on other machines. Have any of you seen the frames on the Raptors when the A-arms snap off?? I have. Trust me,..the last thing you should be wondering about is the strength of the frames used on other quads. Not bashing, just telling it how I've seen it.

Old 03-17-2002, 04:34 AM
Trailblazer

I`ve been watching this race for a month now. My cousin has a DS and best friend has a 02 Raptor. DS is stock and hits the limiter way too fast. Raptor just went with K&amp;N, jet kit, and White Bro pipe. DS still beats him but not by much, the Raptor is just louder. Without the rev limiter the DS would kill it. What it boils down to is what quad is best for you. If you`re a bigger guy the DS is just the only quad that is fast and big. Into a head wind the DS pulls away because of not hitting the limiter. They each can do things the other can`t tho.

Old 03-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Range Rover

I dont care who beleves any thing I say or the mag/dealers. I just ride dont relly care about top speed we just thought we would check it out. So who ever doesnt want to believe it dont and to the rest thats what we got.

Old 03-17-2002, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Are we talking about fats as in a drag race or as in on a mX track, b/ you dont need suspencion aluminum fram and all that Bs to go fast stright line.

And to the person that says that a piped Raptor doesn not beet a stcok cannible. It must have been a 10 year old that couldnt shift out of 2nd gear on the Raptor. Or it wasnt rejetted.

Quick Reply: What's the fastest sport quad?