Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What's the fastest sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for clearing that up, by the way, it's Ltracerx.

Old 03-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

syko
what are you currently running for gearing
i hate the strange gap between 1st and 2nd
have you had any luck changing to different sprockets or countersprockets?
by the way you'll love the ct exhaust when you get it.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

<< I believe you're right about some of those quads being 700+cc but I didn't want to say that because I'm not posotive. I don't like spreading info if I haven't read it atleast a day before... I don't want to give somebody the wrong info. I noticed that VelocityRaptor said for us Dale's to stay away from the drags... Why???? You scared? If you'll notice, us MX riders WANT people to join the sport because the more the merrier and we REALLY like trash talkin people to join MX racing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

See ya at the races [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I hear ya!!! &quot;So you say a cannibal will beat a piped Raptor&quot; What, do just make this stuff up as you go along? I dont have issues with cdales, motocross tracks are their domain!, But dont sit there and tell me they can compete in sand drag competion against raptors, banshees,ds, or zillas. If these cdales are so mighty fast, why dont they compete in the 4-stroke wars in Glamis? &quot;Why?&quot;, because they would get their a$$e$ handed to them. Just like a Raptor rider would get his A$$ handed to himself racing on a motocross track against a cdale. There is no ultimate quad on the market, they all have different areas of ability. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

I guess someone's gonna hafta explain to me why a fast revving fuel injected 440cc light weight quad wouldn't be good for sand drags and duning..........

Old 03-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Why you didn't see any C-dales at 4-stroke wars... Well, unfortunately you don't see many c-dales any where. Just because something hasn't proved itself yet doesn't mean it won't excell in it. Give it time and when you start seeing some modded Dales out there, you'll be suprised. I'm not saying the cannondale is good at everything and if someone IS saying that, even I will argue with them. For instance, Cannondales suck in trails, unless you like workin the clutch a whole lot, but if I go trail riding I like to cruise around and not have to worry about my quad boggin down. Also, I would be scared to take my Cannibal through DEEP water because of all the electrical stuff on it... it may not hurt it but it would make me a little nervous doing so. BUT what I AM saying is that the Cannondale is GOOD at going fast. The harder you ride it, the better it works (quote from DW), and for someone to say that you couldn't do any good on a Cannondale in the drags is crazy. If you have seen someone get their @ss kicked, don't judge the quad... judge the rider. Like I said before, give the Dale some time to prove itself.

Old 03-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

<<
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I hear ya!!! &quot;So you say a cannibal will beat a piped Raptor&quot; What, do just make this stuff up as you go along?
>>

Well, I just had to quote this right quick. I've said it once and I'll say it again.

All I have ever seen is piped Raptors and all they have ever seen is the back of my Cannondale.

Yes it was on the mx track, but even if we come out of the corner at the same time w/ the same speed on a straight, I've always gotten to the next corner before him. I've also beaten them off the line easily so I would have to say, yeah, a cannibal will beat a piped Raptor. Don't believe me? Ask lonestarbanshee... he has seen it for himself. I won't hide any facts though, a Raptor did beat me in one moto but thats because he got ahead of me when I ran off the track. Next moto, he wasn't any where close to me.

I would like to say it's all about rider skill but I'm not a very good rider, and this has been the case w/ more than one Raptor. I guess it could be that all of them just weren't very good riders either.

Old 03-19-2002, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

1st of all i'm not trying to get into a&quot;my quad can beat up your quad&quot;debate
2nd i dont know what would happen in a 660'drag race where you ride
all im saying is that on this particular afternoon we traded quads back and forth
until we were exhausted(there were 7 of us)
and the cannibal beat all comers in a 660' drag race on hard pack dirt
INCLUDING my own 2001 piped raptor
your results may vary....ours didnt....how do you think i feel?

Old 03-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

blah blah....blah blah blah..blah blah..........o yeah blah blah[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

<< 1st of all i'm not trying to get into a&quot;my quad can beat up your quad&quot;debate
2nd i dont know what would happen in a 660'drag race where you ride
all im saying is that on this particular afternoon we traded quads back and forth
until we were exhausted(there were 7 of us)
and the cannibal beat all comers in a 660' drag race on hard pack dirt
INCLUDING my own 2001 piped raptor
your results may vary....ours didnt....how do you think i feel?
>>

there we have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2002, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

Just like to add something here I have a lt500 at stock bore with FmF pipe and I got beat by a moto 440 in a sand drag race. My Zilla will beat piped raptors and most piped banshees. My zilla is for sale because I was so impressed with this 4-stroke beating my 2 stroke. So cannondales can drag race.

Quick Reply: What's the fastest sport quad?