Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What's the fastest sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< Are we talking about fats as in a drag race or as in on a mX track, b/ you dont need suspencion aluminum fram and all that Bs to go fast stright line.

And to the person that says that a piped Raptor doesn not beet a stcok cannible. It must have been a 10 year old that couldnt shift out of 2nd gear on the Raptor. Or it wasnt rejetted.
>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Couldnt of said it better myself,-Cannondales can have their motocross tracks, But they better stay away from the dunes and drags because thats out of their league.

Old 03-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

<<

<< Are we talking about fats as in a drag race or as in on a mX track, b/ you dont need suspencion aluminum fram and all that Bs to go fast stright line.

And to the person that says that a piped Raptor doesn not beet a stcok cannible. It must have been a 10 year old that couldnt shift out of 2nd gear on the Raptor. Or it wasnt rejetted.
>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Couldnt of said it better myself,-Cannondales can have their motocross tracks, But they better stay away from the dunes and drags because thats out of their league.
>>

i love these guys who have never seen cannondales. they make every trip to a public riding area a joy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2002, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer

hp and dragracing doesnt matter on a mx track. i've seen stock 400ex's take out piped banshees, piped raptors, or whatever. today i seen a piped blaster pass a banshee for 1st in a race. i think its cool that the c-dales are powerful or whatever but not alot of people will be able to use the power to its full potential. u people can sit behind your computer and type about how powerful your quad is or your hp stats but if you suck at riding it isnt gonna matter anyway. so instead of argueing use your time wisely and practice to make yourself better.

Old 03-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Billyfagass: I have been riding for 17 years plenty of practice. You all say how bad the cannon is andf all that. Its true it is a bad quad, but its ground is on a MX track. It may rule on the MX track and all that.

No one said on a MX track he asked what was the fastest then someone ran there mouth saying 500 in a raptor will smoke a cannon whichj is true. And others argue

Old 03-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Syko, I agree with you, the Cannondale isn't the best machine for someone to buy as a dune/drag race quad, because the Raptor, DS, Banshee, etc... all have alot more motor mods available. I don't know if $500 will get the Raptor faster than a Cannondale, someone on here said he has both machines and says his stock Cannibal is faster than a full piped/jetted/air filter Raptor.

Old 03-18-2002, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

So $400 (not $500) will make the Raptor faster? Huh... thats weird... all I have ever seen is piped Raptors and all they have ever seen is the back of my Cannondale. I would also like to add that a 454 C-dale w/ HMF exhaust killed lots of HIGHLY modded R's, Shee's, 440ex's, Ds's, and Raptors... and maybe it's just me but I could have sworn I heard about a few STOCK Cannibals beating quite a few piped shee's, R's, etc, etc, at the dunes... hmmmmm..... makes me wonder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] BUT... I've said it once and I'll say it again... WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. I like the Shee's and the 400ex's and I REALLY like the R's, and the Raptors are OK and I wouldn't mind havin any one of those quads BUT I wouldn't trade my Cannondale for one (I race MX).

Old 03-18-2002, 01:46 AM
Range Rover

Well I think an 00-02 regular DS 650 (not the Baja) with a 300 dollar Team Pami rev box and a 100 dollar set of MR 501 Ohtsu radial tires a 30 dollar modified end cap a 40 dollar k&amp;n and a 3 dollar main jet. Will beat both the 500 dollar Raptor and A piped Cannon in a straight line drag race and top speed. The Baja's overweight butt out ran the Raptor and was only a litle bit behind the Cannon in a drag race in ATv action. And the Baja weighs 500 pounds the regular DS weighs 460.

Old 03-18-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

YoDaddy, is somebody selling that 454 kit for the Cannondales? Wasn't it beating 700cc+ machines? Anyway if all you do is drag race, the Cannondale still wouldn't be my top choice, but I prefer MX capabilities over straight line capabilities.

Old 03-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

I believe you're right about some of those quads being 700+cc but I didn't want to say that because I'm not posotive. I don't like spreading info if I haven't read it atleast a day before... I don't want to give somebody the wrong info. I noticed that VelocityRaptor said for us Dale's to stay away from the drags... Why???? You scared? If you'll notice, us MX riders WANT people to join the sport because the more the merrier and we REALLY like trash talkin people to join MX racing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

See ya at the races [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

itracerx
what i said in my post was in a 660' drag race my&quot;c&quot;outran everything that day
that i raced.
660'is the key here along with knowing when to shift
the reason i say 660' is the key is because in the post that you are ref.
i'm talking quicker(short drag races,woods etc)
the question was faster(long drags till you hit your top end)thats not what i was ref.in that particular post
but if i had to make a educated guess i would imagine you could gear a 'shee
to the moon and outrun everything if you had enough room to play catch-up
just my thoughts..........

Quick Reply: What's the fastest sport quad?