Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just saw Fourlix on Junkyard wars again!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex you guys did have the best rig to bad you didnt have the other pontoon!! LOL
Wish I could try that show out!
Good Job.

Old 03-21-2002, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

eternity,,,,cable re-runs,,, I am immortalized in boob-tube educational TV. There is going to be a new show called "Full Metal Challenge" by the producers of Junkyard Wars, which is Cathy Rogers, who is really cool by the way. I'm sure you noticed me getting as close to her as possible any chance I got. Drool. And I usually don't like skinny girls...
....Anyway, this new show should have its' web site up by now. It is going to be a little different, more like BattleBots, but with Junkyard creations. You get a MONTH to build a machine with $3,000. Then there is a competition, mud, water, hillclimb.
.....If you want to play, find the website, submit a plan, if the team and the plan are approved you get to build this behemoth at home, then they will ship it to ENGLAND, and pay your way. They pay your way round trip, but the machines stay in England. This is to discourage people from spending too much of their own dough on it, but you are allowed, you just don't get the machine back.
......Our "expert" Larry, from our show, that's the "expert" that only wanted the single pontoon to begin with, and threw his weight to the inside corner, at least helping to flip the boat, is putting together a proposal.
He lives in Louisiana. I'm not to keen on teaming up with him. He has a huge Diesel truck (he really likes big diesels) that he's going to buy for about $1,000.
.......I wanted to put two snowmobiles together with a Volkswagon front end. Kind-a-like a dune buggy half track. Anybody know where I can get two wrecked snowmobiles cheap? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Here's the link Ultimate Machine Combat/Full Metal Challenge
It looks like the deadline has already passed for this year.
The trouble with this show is the HUGE COMMITMENT. It's one thing to bust your *** for 10 or 12 hours, but I have a problem with working on something for a MONTH and not getting to keep it. Not that I have a clue what I would do with a dual snowmobile powered half-track Dune Buggy after the show, but I have the propeller from "Flipper" on my desk.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2002, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

which episode were you on?