Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE FOR A BIG GUY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 06:51 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Im 6ft 300lbs and Im seriously looking at a Banshee. How do you think it would preform with a guy my size? Do you think the engine intrenals
and suspention could take the abuse?

the riding I will be doing mostly consists of Stpirmines, Huge and mid size Jumps,Dirt Bowls , Trails,
Hillclimbs, and long stretches of road for Getting there\Drag
racing (not realy important). . I havent rode hard in about a year and a half since
my LT250R blew up.
So my choice now is the Banshee or the Cannible. Any information on this subject would be greatly appricated
Thanks in advance,

Old 03-24-2002, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

For as big as you say you are, I don't believe the banshee will hold up very long (JMO). The cannibal is about the same size as the 400ex. I would recommend the ds650 Bombardier or the raptor. The Bombardier has reaaly good suspension and would be able to handle the abuse that you may give it. It can do all the things that you have mentioned and still have room to go. Of course the raptor will do the same also. I would stay away from the "mid size" atv and get the one that I had mentioned. You will not regret either one. Good luck

Old 03-24-2002, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

please, i beg you, get the ds650, i would hate to see a banshee frame crack while landing a jump, and seeing you roll a couple times, its not a pretty site. And the banshee cant take abuse from 300lbs riders, even the ds650's weight recommendation is 275lbs. loose some weight, unless your very big boned. I suggest dieting, and constant aerobics. No not typing, try the ab-roller, dont do weight lifting, thats for muscles. Dont use any pills, just exercise daily.

Old 03-24-2002, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

I think the weight limits are Bull. On my mojave the weight limit is about 245 and i weigh about 270 and it runs fine. But for you i would say get the ds650 it is alot bigger and wider than the other competition and has plenty of power. I would get the baja version though.

Old 03-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Get the DS650, (baja or not) you will be much happier with that bike than a Banshee.

Old 03-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

250R89, I looked at the Shee, DS Baja & Raptor before getting the Raptor. I'm 6'2 280 & the Shee was just too cramped & the Baja felt too big even for me, I didn't look at a C'Dale so I can't comment on it.
My Raptor hauls my big A$$ great lots of power & good handeling & I've never bottomed the suspension ( I did kick up the spring rates & compression tho) even over the whoops at the dunes.
The Raptor was a good fit for me.

Old 03-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Range Rover

I think the Banshee with few mods would be fine (power and shocks). I personally know of two guys that ride them and they are big'N's too 6'4 280lbs and 6'0 325 no problems for them..or DS650 ..DIGGER

Old 03-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

I think you should lose some weight with whatever you go with 'cause I just learned that for every 10lbs you lose, its like gaining 1hp.

Old 03-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

<< For as big as you say you are, I don't believe the banshee will hold up very long (JMO). The cannibal is about the same size as the 400ex. I would recommend the ds650 Bombardier or the raptor. The Bombardier has reaaly good suspension and would be able to handle the abuse that you may give it. It can do all the things that you have mentioned and still have room to go. Of course the raptor will do the same also. I would stay away from the &quot;mid size&quot; atv and get the one that I had mentioned. You will not regret either one. Good luck >>

I agree!!!!

Old 03-25-2002, 01:11 AM
Range Rover

get the shee!!! first of all i dont think u guys should harp on him fo being big. second the weight limits are pure $hit the dont mean jack it is just a pre dertermined limit set by the manufacturer to comply with cdc and safety guidelines and for liability issues.
if you get a banshee it will not break it will not bend the frame\
i recomend shocks set up for your weight the only reason the frame might bend is if you bottom it out hard all the time( can happen with a 180lb rider 2)
im 290 and 6'2 i have a 400ex and i have never bent or broke anything but i do have aftermarket shocks and i catch 10 or 15 feet of air all the time
my ex is getting sold to buy a banshee so im not worried about it neither should u be
the power will be just fine if u feel its down drop a tooth up front
a ds is a great quad but its large and very heavy
i dont care what anyone says a modded 2 stroke will always be faster than a modded 4 stroke
its cheaper to soup it up

and most of all get what u want its not all about what other people think or what they say its whatever makes u happy plus if you do end up breaking anything it can always be fixed

Quick Reply: BANSHEE FOR A BIG GUY?