Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP!!! 00 Kodiak or Wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2000, 09:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do these atvs really compare? The specs on the 00 Kodiak sounds like its a semi-sport quad in utitlity clothing. Which would be the best for trail riding and a little mud crawling. I like the feel of the Wolverine but I am hesitant about being in 4wd all the time. Is the torque steer on the Wolverine going to be a concern while trail riding? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 02-25-2000, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't had a problem staying with a bud on a 300EX. Naturally, there are times when he can peel some distance between us, but for the most part I have no problem ripping through heavily wooded areas.

I will say that he rode my Wolv a couple weeks ago and said that the bars seemed alot wider and the steering was definately not as easy. But I think alot of that was probably due to extra weight and the front axles. Not because the front wheels were pulling (engaged).

From my research and opinion, go with the Wolv. It won't let ya down, and it is an all around better looking and lighter bike.

Old 02-28-2000, 01:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Depends on the type of ridin u do. Wolverine is among the best all around quads out there for trail and open riding. Its fun to ride and wont wear ya down but...Im looking to trade because it has no low range which I need for huntin/climbing/carrying and Im lookin at the Big Bear or Kodiak.

Old 02-28-2000, 06:13 AM
Pro Rider

I was dead against a ATV with an auto tranny untill I rode the Y2K Kodiak. I am really enjoying mine.

therock

Old 02-28-2000, 06:54 AM
Pro Rider

My younger brother has a Kodiak and loves it,he can go everywhere I go on my Sportsman. The auto transmission on it works great,seems to be a little smoother than my Polaris. Had I not found a good deal on my quad used, I would have bought the new Kodiak.
Scott

Old 02-29-2000, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

I currently own a ''99 warrior but I have ridden both the 2000 Kodiak and Wolverine. I prefer the Kodiak by far. Being able to switch into 2 wheel drive and kick up some dirt doing donuts is a definite plus to me. The Kodiak is like the cadilac of quads. Very comfortable to ride, does great in the mud, and push button 2x4 to 4x4. The wolverine is also a great quad that does well in the mud, but you are stuck in 4 wheel drive.

Both are great quads. The only way to really know what you want it to ride them and make a choice!

Old 03-01-2000, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

well I was down to the same two bikes & for my personal wants I went with the wolverine! I just felt it was the right bike for me. It all comes down to what you are after, you can beat yourself over the head reading all the forums between the two. My opinon there both great bikes - it just comes down to what your after - take a ride down to your local Yamaha dealer and take them both for a spin( better yet - if you know anyone thats owns them - ride them like your planning on using them and compare) As you already have probably learned they both have their pros & cons between the two. Good luck in your decision making, let us know what you have decided!