Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Has anybody else ever hit a deer on a quad? @55mph?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went riding in South Africa with some friends on a vacation one time. We rented a couple utility quads and decided to brave the deep jungle. My friends I were following in a line going about 45mph on an old dirt road in the mountains when all of a sudden a freekin elephant slapped me off the quad with his trunk. I temporarily blacked out and found myself lying against a tree about 15 yards away from the road. I was so pissed! He then ran at me full force towards me when my friend second in line, slammed into his right leg. The quad buckled, broke both top a-arms and defleated the tires, bent the handle bars, ect; Everyone else slowed down. I got up and double back around the end of the group. Then the elephant stepped on the my ATV and rolled it over. Then out of nowhere came these ninjas in loin clothes. They were shootin poisiones darts at us so we rolled one of the last two quads over for protection. Well, its a long story but we ended up escaping by lighting the brush on fire with what gas we had left in our tanks. Hey did I tell you about the time we braved the crocks in Austailia on Polaris Scramblers?

Old 04-01-2002, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

I have a friend who hit a cow on his 1986 V45 magna streetbike. Not injured but the cow was totalled.

Old 04-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

I can't imagine hitting a cow!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2002, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

How about a moose!!!...i didn't hit it, but came close enough to make myself shake for half an hour or so!!!....a small moose is 500 pounds!!....i do know of someone who hit a moose on a a motorcycle (no, the moose wasn't on the motorcycle, the guy was).....hit it with the handlebar..killed it and beat the crap out of his bike and himself!!!

Old 04-05-2002, 03:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hit one while trailriding my Raptor. Tapped out in 3rd gear.......things got ugly. The Raptor snorted the carbs off and it was wide open rodeo time...

Old 04-05-2002, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

HOLY COW!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2002, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

So far I've run over a grouse, a rat and snakes. I didn't even know I hit the grouse and the rat till my buddy behind me told me. Hope I never hit a deer on a quad but I could see how it could happen.

Old 04-06-2002, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

I ran over a water mocasin.I was riding my ex through a field with a
buddy behind me.I didnt se it till the last minute.I hit the gas so I could get over ot fast and the tires spun out on it causing it to fly in my buddies lap behind me.he jupmped of his bike doing about 20mph and broke his colar bone.that sucked.I felt terable.

Old 04-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Range Rover

Last week I was hauling down the trail on my buddies modified banshee, he was following behind me on my stock banshee. I wasn't paying attention to what was around me, just concentrating on the land infront of me flying by. I looked back to see how he was keeping up with me. I didn't see him. When he caught back up he said he had to stop and wait for eight deer to go by. He said if I was going any slower I would have been side swipped by them. I never even saw one of them I guess they didn't see me either they were watching him. I was too buisy trying to hit dinner (a turkey) and paying attention to the terrain. I guess I was lucky this time.

Old 04-06-2002, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

I hit a big honkin' turtle last year that almost sent me swimming in my pond

Quick Reply: Has anybody else ever hit a deer on a quad? @55mph?