Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Exhausts and jetkits

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2000, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking foward to re-jetting and buying a aftermarket exhaust system for my 98' Warrior.........Please give some advice for the re-jetting and a quite exhaust sistem!!

Old 02-25-2000, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, & my opinion only, drop the jet kit idea.If you are running stock jetting now and having no problems, then most likely all you will need is one or two fatter main jets, depending on the particular pipe you select. I run a Supertrapp silencer behind a Curtis Sparks Racing pipe, so I'm somewhat partial, I guess.It's a tunable silencer and the more discs you run the louder it gets. I run 20 discs for top end on my Warrior, but out here in AZ noise is not a problem. If you run just 5 or 6 discs it will only be slightly louder that stock & give you more low end torque. It's all in what you want to achieve. The new Supertrapp IDS system looks like a good one & i'm certain there are many others as well.
But first you need to determine what it is you want to accomplish..everything is a trade off.
super quiet means little top end improvement, but some low end increase in power. Of course with any of the tunable systems you can always tune for lower dbs in sensitive areas and add discs in more open areas where noise isn't a problem.
As to jets, the rule of thumb is to go two sizes fatter on the main to start & read your plug. If it is too rich, then drop one size. Don't do it the other way & find out you're too lean.
When you decide which pipe to buy, just pick up a couple of fatter main jets from your dealer or supplier at the same time. If you're not familiar with how to do it you can e-mail me if you like. It's pretty basic & would be boring to any one else to put it on the forum .BTW, your stock main is a 145 so skip the 147.5 which is only a 1/2 size and get a 150 & a 155. Yamaha uses two different types of main jets..a round head witha screw driver slot & a small hex head.You need to make sure which type you have before buying more.

Old 02-26-2000, 09:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

IM looking at biggun exhausts.......do you recommend than......and also does the rejetting make a difference?

Old 02-26-2000, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

I have a White Bros. E-Series Pro Meg on my 00 Warrior and like it, but I've also heard some good things about the Big Gun exhaust as well...it's all a matter of preference in my opinion. Don't think think a bolt-on exhaust is going to make a huge difference in performance though, and as far as jetting, it isn't so much that it makes a "difference", but it's required to ensure you're running at the proper air/fuel mixture. Hot_shoe_cv is right...going up two sizes on the main after an exhaust change is a good place to start, and then work up or down from there. In my circumstance, I run a 155 main at sea level with the E-Series, and Pro Flow filter set up.

Old 02-27-2000, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you think its worth changing the exhaust sistem and filter.......what changes did occour in performance......and negative results if they are any....

Old 02-27-2000, 09:12 PM
jm1
Weekend Warrior

JulioWarrior,
The difference you will get from letting your engine breathe is well worth it! I have 98' warrior with a Yoshimura pipe, Uni filter, and six holes drilled in the air box lid. This made a huge difference in power. A 150 main jet and richening up the mixture screw is all that was needed for the carb. The mods are worth it. You'll be fast like you read about!
JM1

Old 02-27-2000, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer

I've heard the stock exhaust on the Warrior isn't all that bad--the head pipe is big to begin with--I just replaced my muffler so I could fine tune it for torque and loudness. As far as an air filter, any change would be an improvement over the stock set-up, and I wouldn't just buy a K&N replacement as it still could allow dust to enter the engine because of how it's held in place by the lid. I personally would go with a Pro Flow system, and either run the foam filter they supply with it or get a K&N that fits on the Pro Flow billet adapter; this set-up guarantees a dust-free system. You can also either get the one-inch plugs and install 6-8 of them in the airbox lid, or go with a different lid such as the one I got from Poweroll (has two large openings on the right side). Having said all that, a pipe upgrade, as well as a new air filter system with the vented lid does makes quite a bit of difference..I notice most improvement in the bottom end. The only downside to all of this would be the pipe, as most are much louder than stock.

Old 03-06-2000, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks to all this info im looking foward to buy a new complete exhaust sistem, air filter and making a few holes in the airbox and rejetting the carb......any more info or advice would be great and apreciated.

Old 03-08-2000, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own a 93 warrior and bought a proflow air filter. It was a stock replacement. I still had to use the stock frame, and the lid cover still locked it into place. I have never had a problem with it sealing right. Is there another filter replacement for the warrior by proflow? Is what I have good enough? I am running everything stock. Do I have to do anything with the fuel/air mixture with what I have? thank you

Old 03-17-2000, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

youre air filter is alright .....i recomend you the k&N filters

Quick Reply: Warrior Exhausts and jetkits