Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Update on my fight!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 09:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to update ya'll on my struggle to get some ATV trails reopened. The petition is going great. Almost have 1500 sigs. Spoke with the District office of the Corp of Engineers yesterday about some comments that my field office had put in the paper. Of course sh!! runs down hill and they had the field office call me. I spoke at length with the head of the field office and I quickly backed him into a corner by destroying all of his excuses for closing the land. The only one he had left was erosion. Its funny how the corp wants you to beleive that an eroding hill will be the end of the earth. He was really digging for excuses for the closing and one was: when the dam was built no "Organized ATV Trails" were planned. I'm sure you can all see why no "Organized ATV Trails" were planned since the dam was built in the 1940's. Thanks once again to all that have signed the petetion, and for those who haven't please go to My Petition. All I need is you name and email, the rest is optional.

tks,

Josh Williams

Old 04-04-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Josh,
Just wanted to thank you on a job well done. Im proud to see a fellow Mississippian standing up and taking action, even tho i dont live in north MS, im glad to hear that you are making progress!

Keith

Old 04-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

No prob. Thank you for the pat on the back.

Knowsalot,

I need to talk to you. The Corp said they had a meeting with your group (Memphis Motorcycle Club) about the closings. Don't know if you attended or know someone who did, but would like to know what was said their.

tks,

Josh Williams

Old 04-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

Knowsalot,

Ever find anything out from the MMC. I plan on speaking to the Brigadier General (Commander from the Canadian Border to Lousiana) of the Corp about all this tommorrow. Also recieved some insight from a man in my town about contacting the Corps funding board in Washington. A while back when the rescue squad for my county wanted start a flea market on some (unused) corp property the corp local field office told them no. One call to the funding department and the corp called them back a week later asking if they wanted any roads put on that property. Maybe a longshot but gotta keep stirring the pot.